Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High jitter (from aggresive DSP ???)
(01-Oct-2019, 12:06)Haytera Wrote:
(01-Oct-2019, 11:26)cos2012 Wrote:
(01-Oct-2019, 10:48)Haytera Wrote: There is no bass reduction (night mode) on Reactors

You have two reactors. 
Can you listen to the tracks i gave and see if you can hear how strange those sound?
It would be nice to know my unit is not defective. 
Thanx

Will try, can you maybe record what you hear on video or something ?? 
I don't really know what I'm supposed to look for  Confused

OK so i did a little testing on a track where you can definitely feel the difference in sound pressure 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE1yQu6I0A4
From the beginning up until 1:25.
I have the original disc and it sounds the same. On my big system it's ok so the problem is the reactor.
Try to focus on the chorus in the background. It doesn't sound linear at all. The volume keeps changing constantly especially when the piano kicks in and it shouldn't.

I could understand if it happened only on max volume, but it is independent of it. It is very annoying and ruins a lot of music for me.
I'd say this is still OK. You'd have to post a recording from a mic placed in front of the Reactor (say 50 cm) for us to check the problem. An UMIK-1 for example. It may still be easier to either borrow a Reactor or bring your speaker to a dealer... however, if it sounds OK on your big rig there is probably something wrong with the Reactor. In that case you should get in touch with Devialet support to get a replacement.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(01-Oct-2019, 12:06)Haytera Wrote:
(01-Oct-2019, 11:26)cos2012 Wrote:
(01-Oct-2019, 10:48)Haytera Wrote: There is no bass reduction (night mode) on Reactors

You have two reactors. 
Can you listen to the tracks i gave and see if you can hear how strange those sound?
It would be nice to know my unit is not defective. 
Thanx

Will try, can you maybe record what you hear on video or something ?? 
I don't really know what I'm supposed to look for  Confused
Hello, I listen to all of the links on a stereo pair of 600's. I hear nothing special on the non-Enya tracks. I listen to Enya for years now, far before I had the reactors and noticed before that a great number of CD tracks are over compressed which gives destorsion in a high piano or voice. Now I listen also the enya tracks streaming via Qobus... In my ears it sounds better than the original CD.
MISTERY SOLVED !!!!!!!!

Thank you all for trying to figure this out with me.
I have found the problem.

I only use ONE unit and i thought maybe the problem is because the processor does not transform stereo-->mono properly and THIS IS IT !!
I used Downmix channels to mono plugin on my foobar and now all the music sounds OK.

If you use two units it will sound ok, but if you use only one take into consideration this issue

Thank you all !