Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High res play back issue
As you are using the Innuos Sense app this integrates Qobuz and also UPnP.

You might not have UPnP set to on in the sense app but I am streaming both my ripped music and Qobuz using UPnP on Sense and it works very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(28-Dec-2021, 15:22)steve_denney Wrote: As you are using the Innuos Sense app this integrates Qobuz and also UPnP.

You might not have UPnP set to on in the sense app but I am streaming both my ripped music and Qobuz using UPnP on Sense and it works very well

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I checked and do have the UPnP set to on in the sense app but I think with optical plugged in this overrides?

I hadn’t thought to try the sense app that way though. I’ll give it a go.

For interest, could you describe how you are set up?

Was also wondering if my bandwidth is low at home and this is the issue.

It would be great if you can use your existing gear and just enable UPnP. Have you found out how to choose the Phantoms as endpoints?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
You might be right about having the optical connected and it overriding things.
My setup is just a pair of Phantoms and Innuos Zenith.

With UPnP set to on and also logged into Qobuz in the Sense app I then “see” my Phantom room in the Sense volume control. If you have more than one UPnP end point you can toggle between them (I have two devices).

There is one other thing you need to do though because UPnP doesn’t currently come bundled with the download it is a plugin you can add to LMS. Not sure if you know how to get to your LMS but it exists on (IP server address for your Innuos Zen):9000/default. Then at bottom on UI select settings and then the plugins tab. You can then find the UPnP inactive plugin. Select it to make it active and that should then enable UPnP in the Sense app.

You might need to tweak some of the UPnP settings but it might just work as is for you. I had to play with some of the options because tracks started but then stopped after about 1min 20 secs. If you get it working but have similar issues get back on this thread and I will let you know what I changed.

Good luck it’s great once it is working!

Hi
Thanks very much for this advice. I followed the steps and managed to get the plug-in to work. That’s the good news!

The bad news is the drop outs to the high res files still happens. It also seems a little less stable in controlling from the app e.g. not pausing when pressed to.

I’ll have another test tomorrow as I think the family are getting fed up with me playing around with all now!
Cheers for the help so far.

Good luck with your further trials. As I said I had to tweak some of the settings to get it playing well. My collection is purely CD quality so maybe try some non hires to see if the UPnP settings work ok on that first.
If you have problems with CD quality then that is not what I am finding so maybe need to play with the settings on the UPnP plugin. If you open the settings for UPnP you will see a default set of config and if you click the drop down you will see your Devialet room settings. Only tweak the Devialet room settings never the default config ones. The room settings just override the config if they are different.
As a starter change the room HTTP mode from fixed to No Length. I think you can play with any of the settings just remember what they were so you can go back to the original setting if it doesn’t improve things.
You will also see that the plugin max bit rate is 48Khz so I would expect all of your higher res files to be down sampled before transmission via the app. I know Devialet also does similar downnsampling so wonder why you are getting dropouts with the higher res music. You can change the UPnP sample rate too so try playing with that setting also in the Room config.

(28-Dec-2021, 18:18)steve_denney Wrote: You might need to tweak some of the UPnP settings but it might just work as is for you. I had to play with some of the options because tracks started but then stopped after about 1min 20 secs. If you get it working but have similar issues get back on this thread and I will let you know what I changed.

Hello
i face same issues with LMS/upnp plugin.
What are your settings/tweaks which solve them?

Thanks
Hi
The issue I had with the common parameters settings caused music to suddenly stop playing after about 1 minute 20 seconds. Sometimes it was every track some times it would play fine for a full track then stop playing on the second track. The counter would carry on but no sound. I had to skip back or forwards to get sound again
If this is what you are also experiencing then I suggest you change the streaming options HTTP mode from chunked to no length. Do this in your phantom room set of parameters not in the common parameters settings.

This should resolve the issue you mention. I have also changed audio format to UPnP player to pcm or Flac but they didn’t seem to make any difference for my issue.
I tried to change the max sample rate from 48000 to higher values but it didn’t affect my setup presumably because I don’t have any hires music and also probably because the phantoms down sample to 48Khz anyway.

I hope this gives you some ideas. As I said earlier you can change values in the parameters for your “room” but change them back to the defaults if things get worse or are no better. There may have been other settings I tried but have forgot what I did. Now it is working perfectly for my setup, I only have the HTTP mode different to any common parameters.

Hey
Thanks for the tips and guide. I’ve had a good play but unfortunately just couldn’t get it to be stable. Kept finding the UPnP would stop and sometimes just flip to other players on the network, or the phantoms would disappear from the list.

Although not as nice UI as the sense app, I got more stability with mconnect when using UPnP.

It was good to explore deeper into the workings though, and as a result I feel more confident to try different things, so thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve now reverted back to the optical connection for stability reasons mainly. This way I keep the sense app UI.

Is there any known sound quality differences between UPnP and using optical? I tried a number of test tracks and couldn’t pick up a difference. I’ll test with other ears and also see, but for me it was the same (good sound).

Think I’m concluding the high res file drops I get are more linked to the internet bandwidth constraints. A few tests late at night and early morning seems to show it runs ok when less drag on the system from the family devices.

One other I did notice in the tests was a misbalance bias to the right speaker after a drop out. I need to restart server to get the phantoms equal in stereo after. Odd.

I’ve put a few queries out to contacts at innuos as well, so will report back if any further tips after they get back to me in new year.

Cheers all

Hi that is a shame. Not sure why UPnP is not stable for you if you have changed the HTTP mode as suggested.
I have been helped greatly by Innuos and Nuno Vitorino has logged into my laptop to try various settings which is where I got to with the HTTP mode change.
I think Nuno was hoping that was what Devialet required and could then offer this as a Devialet config. You will see there are already UPnP configs for the main hifi hardware (Naim Linn etc).
Like you I can’t discern any differences in sound quality between UPnP and optical ( I previously had optical connection between Naim Unitiserve and Dialog). Even with the Unitiserve I used UPnP and Mconnect app rather than optical due to the known optical dropout issues.
You might get lucky and Nuno will offer to log onto your network and try similar changes to me and you can get Sense working with UPnP.
The overall integration using Sense, Innuos and Qobuz is just fantastic and marvellous for something that is “free”
Good luck and keep in touch.