Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Audio Fidelity - Room Shaper
See link below.  This is a fascinating read regarding what looks like an absolutely fascinating product.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/h...view-r855/

No only is the article interesting, some of the links are good too.  I particularly enjoyed playing with the Room Mode Calculator.  To understand what this is doing you really need try it on computer that can also play music via "virtual soundcard" to your system.  The much maligned Devialet AIR is ideal for this, although I used HQPlayer 4's new Loop Back function, which worked just fine. USB direct should work fine too, of course.

As I said, it is really is worth the effort to try this with sound to your system, lets just say I was pretty stunned by what a 28Hz mode was doing in my room, although the damage to my room and skull will take a while to sort out.  See link below.

https://amcoustics.com/tools/amroc

As for the Room Shaper software, I shall place this on my overly long "to do" list.  It looks like it is well worth trying.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Again major information from Mitchco and an excellent and thorough review. Also shows that Thierry of HAF really knows his stuff.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Has anyone tried this yet?  If so would be very interested in what SQ changes (hopefully imporovements) they have found.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Very interesting but too much for me.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.