Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play FLAC files from my NAS
(17-Mar-2015, 22:44)Womaz Wrote: Daft question.....does the lap top have to be connected to the 200? I presumed not as thats what AIR is for?

Not a daft question, but no: provided the laptop and the 200 are both on the same network, AIR will send the audio from the PC to the 200.  If you can select "Devialet Wifi" in the AIR menu, and the icon then goes black rather than grey, the connection is working.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Mar-2015, 22:47)Womaz Wrote:
(17-Mar-2015, 22:42)thumb5 Wrote: Sounds like JRiver can't see your FLAC files (on your NAS?).  I'd try something simpler.  If you have some local music files on your PC, even MP3s just to prove the point, can it stream those?

Nope, the MP3 files play in Windows Media Player

OK, why not try setting the output device for Windows Media Player to be Devialet AIR?  I think that's under Organize->Options->Devices->Speakers->Properties.  That should do it.
Warwickshire, UK
Yes it goes black and it says streaning enabled but the track wont play.
I can see my files on JRiver so I think it can see them
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I meant stick with the MP3 files, play them in Windows Media Player, but change the output device for WMP (as noted above). Just to prove that AIR works, for the time being.
Warwickshire, UK
This plays through the lap top.......cant even find the WMP playback options
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(17-Mar-2015, 23:05)Womaz Wrote: This plays through the lap top.......cant even find the WMP playback options

In Windows Media Player (WMP), follow this menu: Organize->Options->Devices->Speakers->Properties.

That should give you a drop-down list of output devices, on which should be Devialet Wifi (in your case).  Select that and the track you're playing in Windows Media Player should then play out to your 200.
Warwickshire, UK
This works so proves AIR is working
Another daft question......shall my input be WIFI or Ethernet......when using aWMP it is WIFI
Ok its working now. I have no idea why it started to work now, but it did.

I cant thank you enough for your help tonight. It is very much appreciated. How the hell do you know all this stuff!!
OK, that's a good step forward.

If you want to try Qobuz or TIDAL at this point, you should find they both have settings menus that allow you to choose Devialet AIR as the output device.  So you can try streaming CD-resolution audio to the 200.

As far as JRiver is concerned, I'd work on it in two separate, independent steps:

1. get it to stream from your FLAC files to the speakers on your laptop
  2. then work out how to change the output device in JRiver settings to Devialet AIR
Now you've effectively done the second step with Windows Media Player, it's probably not too tricky for JRiver.

Step 1 is probably about finding how to make a file system on your NAS visible to the PC, and then pointing JRiver to it.  I thought from what you said earlier that you'd done that, so perhaps you can retrace your steps.  Remember, the NAS needs to be connected to your router (not directly to the PC or the 200).
Warwickshire, UK