Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you turn the speaker power on and off?
Among users of two or more phantom speakers, does anyone use a multi-tap to turn the power of the speaker on or off?  
I am using 5 phantom speakers, but it was cumbersome to turn the power on and off, so I contacted the Devialet technical team.  
Is there any effect on the speaker even if the multi-tap is used at the same time as the ON/OFF method?  
But I didn't get an exact answer.  
Each unit requires about 360W of power, so it is recommended to consult with an electrician.  
If there is enough power, can it be interpreted as a story that there is no problem?  

Anyone with experience?
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
If you buy new remote you can turn them off with one click but then when you come home you need to finger each phantom on power button Smile I have only 2 speakers and small apartment so its not a struggle for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I've used a power strip aka what you call a multi-tap?? i think.
I have used it with 2 phantoms and the dialog.
So no reason why it could not work electrically providing your multi-tap and circuit its plugged into are both rated for more power than you are consuming.

"requires about 360W of power" assuming that is a MAX power consumption???
Power = volts * amps or about 3 amps at 120volts.

From my observation *I am not an electrician and this is not electrical advice* Smile
Most of the circuits in my home for outlets are typically 10A 120volt (us) so should not plug 5 of them all into 1 outlet.
Last time i looked into the specs and discussed with Devialet, they told me a 10A circuit is required.

The 360W number is interesting and a much more accurate reflection of actual use perhaps?
1800W (360x5) at 120v US power is about 15A

If any of the previous assumptions are true i would be looking for a circuit and Mult-Tap (power strip) with a min of 15 or better yet a 20 amp 120 US volt rating to support 5 devices.

Again certain assumptions are being made consider this all bad advise and you should ask a professional. Wink especially if you are not using 120v and or outside the us.

hth
scott-