Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fragile is the front midrange driver?
I know picking up the Phantom from the sides and touching the bass drivers is a big no-no but what about touching the front midrange driver?

It's just such a bugger to lift and move and my hands aren't exactly small - it's very difficult to ensure my palm or finger hasn't inadvertently pressed against the front driver when shifting the speaker.

Anyone by any chance know how fragile or easily misaligned it is?
Very fragile. Small book fell and I've got this dent. But it don't affect anything soundwise.

[Image: 7cce4da1673d07d012f9344d6db33fc1.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(22-May-2016, 19:31)F_M Wrote: Very fragile. Small book fell and I've got this dent. But it don't affect anything soundwise.

Bloody hell, ouch.

Devialet given any indications to anyone on whether they can service the Phantom yet?

Found out what I was looking for - basically wanted to know if it damages the midrange drive when you pickup the speaker from the front and inadvertently push the driver. Seems they're reasonably robust:

I was told by a Devialet representative that the best way to carry it is to hold it fore and aft below the waistline without putting hands on the front drivers. I was also told the drivers themselves are quite robust and should be fairly immune from problems if they are inadvertently pushed.

Source: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/dev...joaOrwu.99