Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How great it is to just concentrate on the music...
Realised its about three years since I last bought a CD outside of the merchandise stand at a gig.....

I only really buy Hi Res files now, or less common bands that I can't get by subscription. Band camp and other services are great for this.

I'm listening to Qobuz 16/44 streaming via my Mac Mini running Audirvana 2.3, connected to my Devialet 250 via Toslink. Its really superb and I can't tell any difference between it and a local Rip (via a moon Mind180). the Moon and A+ iPad apps are very stable and work well.

Discovering lots of new music, the quality is amazing, and the whole set up is far cheaper, less hassle and neater than the expensive stack of traditional Naim gear I used to have. Also I don't have shelves and shelves of dusty CDs and LPs cluttering up my flat. (space being what it is in London)

Very happy with the simplicity and sound of things, its never been better....
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1