Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many phantoms in a circuit?
Hi Guys,

I bought three Phantoms some time back, but only have two set up at the moment. I was planning to put the third one in the mix, but a friend who is an electrician said my circuit ring would not be able to cope. His view was that at 3000W each, that I am already approaching peak load. He did some calculations but I can't remember the exact figures and how he arrived at his conclusion, but I will check again and share here.

In the meantime does anybody have a view if what I've been told is correct? Is it possible to overload a mains circuit with too many Phantoms plugged in?

I would really like some help on this, otherwise I have a spare Phantom without a home Sad

BTW - I live in England if that helps in your reply
I hope you won't be using your phantoms at 3000W?
Or you definitely won't have any more walls, windows, glasses, ceiling and floor!
Yes, the quoted 3000 is one for extreme peaks, I doubt that draw on your circuit will be anywhere near that.
Drop a line to the help line they usually respond in a day or so
(12-Apr-2015, 12:30)davidadamson Wrote: Yes,  the quoted 3000 is one for extreme peaks,  I doubt that draw on your circuit will be anywhere near that.
Drop a line to the help line they usually respond in a day or so

Thanks for that. I'll follow up on your suggestion and let you know the outcome.