Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Increase Image Height?
Hi guys

I have always had problems with image height. my image sits between my speakers at about the level of the midrange, about 1 meter. This has been true through many different speakers and amplifiers.

I would love a tweak that increases image height without having to change speakers or amplifiers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
I am anything but an expert but here are a few thoughts....
Increase the distance of your seating position from the floor?
Increase your seating position distance from your speakers?
Use longer front spikes on your speakers and increase the angle of presentation upwards, may require sitting farther back so image doesn't fire over your head?
I got exactly what you describe (increased image height) by going from TQ Black to TQ Ultra Black speaker cables recently (see my other thread).
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I'm guessing, but if the floors are hard there might be a relatively high amount of ground reflection, so lowering the sound stage. By deadening the floor around the reflective node (carpet, rug etc), this might appear to move the sound stage up.

But it's a complete guess; I just mention it because it's very simple to try........
Try these
http://zilplex.com/

Ok. I know I will get a lot of heat... But hey. I use them. And like them.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(24-Aug-2015, 20:31)Kunter Wrote: Try these

Cheers

I don't know how well they work but they certainly use less space than My GIK bass trap and diffusers.  Big Grin
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I'll echo (see how I slipped that in there...) the room acoustics analysis question. Confirm if you have a thick carpet with pad, or shag throw rug at the first floor reflection point. Even so, it would probably be beneficial to have some diffusion or absorption on the ceiling surface. Room acoustics generally contribute +/-50% to your sound quality.
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(24-Aug-2015, 20:31)Kunter Wrote: Try these

Cheers

I heard Frank Tchang's Acoustic Resonators demo'd at CES a few years ago to great effect. They were in the price range of Unobtanium for tweaks however. The Zilplex while not cheap, are at least within the realm of possibility.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Room acoustics, loudspeaker & seating positioning.

There's no shortcuts to any place worth going. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(25-Aug-2015, 12:06)Antoine Wrote: Room acoustics, loudspeaker & seating positioning.

There's no shortcuts to any place worth going. Smile

Yes, but there's always lots of paths. Tongue