Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to: analog minijack into D120?
How do you connect an analog minijack to a Devialet?
My analog input is already taken by phono. 
Any other options/adapters/connections I could use?
Thanks for any help!
Devialet 120 - Wilson Sophia - Technics SL-1000 - Rega Apollo - Chromecast
There's only 1 analog input on the 120/130/140 so if you're using it for a phono input there is no other way to connect a second analog input. You could use an external analog switching box and plug both the phono and the other device into it and switch between them there but the phono configuration for the 120's input won't work for the second device which will require a line input configuration. You could use an external phono stage for the turntable and plug it's output and the other device into the external switching box and switch between them at the box while using the Devialet's input in line configuration but that can start to become expensive depending on your choice of phono stage.

What's the external device that's feeding the analog minijack? If it has digital output then try using that to one of the 120's digital inputs. Arguably you'll get better quality sound from it anyway if you don't let it do a digital to analog conversion and then have the Devialet convert that analog signal back to digital for its processing and then use the DAC in the Devialet to convert that back to analog again. It's preferable to use digital output from that device if you can and only have one digital to analog conversion taking place in the Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks, David! I feared that this would be the case. 
The external device is a beamer, which is in turn connected to a DVD player, a digital TV decoder and a laptop.
Perhaps I can use USB for audio instead?
If the beamer has a digital output (coax/optical/USB) you can connect that to the appropriate Devialet input and you've solved your problem.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia