Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to attach the Branch
(31-Jan-2016, 20:11)jonstatt Wrote:
(31-Jan-2016, 17:13)ERP Wrote: A last desperate attempt succeeded, since the optical cable didn't slide out when connecting the power cable. The Phantom is connected and "locked", although it can still move around a little bit. Is this normal?

I asked this question in the main Branch thread but didn't get a reply. From my experience, the front of the phantom latches to the Branch, but the back can be lifted up and away from the stand if you try lifting the back end of the Phantom. It seems the latch/lock mechanism has quite a bit of slack in it as its only held at one point, and the back-end of the phantom just rests on the stand. I queried this in the other thread because I was trying to figure out what the safest / correct way of moving the Phantom on a Branch is. It seems dangerous/wrong to lift the Phantom with the stand dangling. But there is no easy way to grip the structure to move it once assembled as it does NOT slide on carpet and does need to be lifted "somehow".

I actually do find it reasonably easy to hold and move, if you just put your hands on both the Branch and the bottom ot the Phantom. While it's in no way an ideal design, it's certainly possible. Would have been nice, if the manual had said, that some movement after attaching it is normal.
BTW, in the main Branch thread, a user spoke about releasing the hook under the Phantom. Can you do that? I just pulled the handle on the Branch and tried to slide the Phantom in. However, it was hard, so now I'm speculating as to whether I should have released something on the Phantom. I'm not very hooked on unconnecting it from the Branch, unless I absolutely have to, so I thought I'd ask here first.

In the other thread, someone tried to post a picture of releasing the hook, but it's not viewable.
(31-Jan-2016, 22:01)ERP Wrote: BTW, in the main Branch thread, a user spoke about releasing the hook under the Phantom. Can you do that? I just pulled the handle on the Branch and tried to slide the Phantom in. However, it was hard, so now I'm speculating as to whether I should have released something on the Phantom. I'm not very hooked on unconnecting it from the Branch, unless I absolutely have to, so I thought I'd ask here first.

In the other thread, someone tried to post a picture of releasing the hook, but it's not viewable.

The hook on Phantom is fixed. The place where Phantom's hook grabs in the cavity of Branch is somewhat elevated. I see no reason for unconnecting the hook, if even possible. I'm happy it's there and makes sure Phantom doesn't fall off. Aren't you?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxc1Pd...XhjdXZfYzA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxc1Pd...Fl3NHhVQXc