Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure my CD with D200
OK Guys - managed to register and stuff - now got to the configurator which seems simple enough... until I got to add the CD transport. The only offerings in connectivity via the config does not include AES?????? Strange? Yet my Moon CD transport has AES and it was recommended that I use this to the D200??

I later found that there is something called 'Dock' and this where the AES socket is mentioned...now I AM confused? I presume I forget the CD and add Dock then... even though it is a CD unit?
Please help - also the advanced configurator allows you to change thegs like Pass Through which is set for -15 as default. Is this OK?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
In the configurator you click on the the AES/EBU input to activate it (colored instead of grayed out) then click on the name of the input to edit it into let's say "CD" then you can also click on the little arrow under the input itself for additional options for this particular input.

Save the config file to your SD card and load in your D200.

Now your remote app will show CD as an option in the input selector
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(07-May-2015, 20:51)amabrok Wrote: In the configurator you click on the the AES/EBU input to activate it (colored instead of grayed out) then click on the name of the input to edit it into let's say "CD" then you can also click on the little arrow under the input itself for additional options for this particular input.

Thanks Amabrok - One thing I noticed though... their site configurator doesn't like the Chrome browser - the right-click option to download does not have the 'save target as option', but if you do the same in Internet Exporer, it does!

Having issues with the windows air thingy now. It always reports that streaming is disabled, and switching on doesn't work....

Will have to trawl the site to find an answer...
Any ideas?

Fired up the D200 + Moon CD + Triangles, and forgot it had 'Barcelona' in it - pressed play and just I was leaning past the right speaker there was an almighty 'BARCELOOOOONAAAAAAA' bellowing in my rt ear which catapulted me into a not-so graceful scissor leap over the a very startled & upset cat that ended with a spectacular 'face-plant' into the seat of one of the dining chairs!

Took at least 3 whiskeys to get my heart beat back to normal!

Haven't seen the cat since!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(08-May-2015, 08:46)teddlesdee Wrote:
(07-May-2015, 20:51)amabrok Wrote: In the configurator you click on the the AES/EBU input to activate it (colored instead of grayed out) then click on the name of the input to edit it into let's say "CD" then you can also click on the little arrow under the input itself for additional options for this particular input.

Thanks Amabrok - One thing I noticed though... their site configurator doesn't like the Chrome browser - the right-click option to download does not have the 'save target as option', but if you do the same in Internet Exporer, it does!

Having issues with the windows air thingy now. It always reports that streaming is disabled, and switching on doesn't work....

Any ideas?

Fired up the D200 + Moon CD + Triangles, and forgot it had 'Barcelona' in it - pressed play and just I was leaning past the right speaker there was an almighty 'BARCELOOOOONAAAAAAA' bellowing in my rt ear which catapulted me into a not-so graceful scissor leap over the a very startled & upset cat that ended with a spectacular 'face-plant' into the seat of one of the dining chairs!

In Chrome, right click and choose "save link as"

For Windows Air, you mean you cannot select your Devialet as the output device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 09:10)amabrok Wrote:
(08-May-2015, 08:46)teddlesdee Wrote:

Any ideas?

In Chrome, right click and choose "save link as"

For Windows Air, you mean you cannot select your Devialet as the output device?

Ummmm... Forgive me, but I am new to this...
I first made sure that the D200 had the wifi creds Ok. Then installed the Air app fron Devialet on windows. This when activated seems to put itself in the tray on the rt side, but it is greyed out and when hovering over it it says 'deactivated'. if you rt click on the icon it shows the first option to 'activate' Dev Air (or sommat like that), but it does not...
No worries Ted this is why we have this forum.

If both your computer and Devialet are on the same network and Air is installed on your PC then when you click on the Air icon in the sys tray your devialet name should appear on the pop up menu. When u select it you basically tell windows to use Devialet as a virtual sound card and anything playing on ur PC will play on Devialet.

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 15:37)amabrok Wrote: No worries Ted this is why we have this forum.

If both your computer and Devialet are on the same network and Air is installed on your PC then when you click on the Air icon in the sys tray your devialet name should appear on the pop up menu. When u select it you basically tell windows to use Devialet as a virtual sound card and anything playing on ur PC will play on Devialet.

Ok, so when I set up the dev in the configuration I added the wifi (broadband router) creds, which is the same for all attached machines - is that right?
Activate WiFi and make sure that u use the correct SSID name and password. Rest of setting options you can leave default. If you are using ethernet then activate the ethernet connection in the Configurator and leave default options. Your laptop or computer has to be connect to the same router either WiFi or ethernet. Then it should work fine

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 15:55)amabrok Wrote: Activate WiFi and make sure that u use the correct SSID name and password. Rest of setting options you can leave default. If you are using ethernet then activate the ethernet connection in the Configurator and leave default options. Your laptop or computer has to be connect to the same router either WiFi or ethernet. Then it should work fine

Thanks old chap - worked a treat with a wifi/ ethernet extender....