Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Phantom Reactor 900 a year on
Had my Phantom Reactor 900 just over a year now, intended buying a reactor 600. When I visited the nearest Devialet dealer they only had a 900 and was having trouble getting any Reactors from Devialet.
I am still as impressed with the sound as I was the first time I listened to a Phantom in Harrods . Nothing does bass like a Phantom!
Despite only having one I use it as my main speaker, including for playing my vinyl. The big advantage the Reactor has in my opinion is the analog input as it makes it so versatile.
(07-Jan-2020, 22:46)Bagpuss Wrote: Had my Phantom Reactor 900 just over a year now, intended buying a reactor 600. When I visited the nearest Devialet dealer they only had a 900 and was having trouble getting any Reactors from Devialet.
I am still as impressed with the sound as I was the first time I listened to a Phantom in Harrods . Nothing does bass like a Phantom!
Despite only having one I use it as my main speaker, including for playing my vinyl. The big advantage the Reactor has in my opinion is the analog input as it makes it so versatile.

Precisely because of the analogue inputs, I was thinking of getting 2 x Phantom Reactor 900w matt black as my desktop speakers for my gaming PC. It was to replace the 2.1 of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified that I was using. However, the sales agent at the Devialet store said to save my money, so I got 2 x 600w instead.

When you were interested in getting the Reactor 600w, did you test the difference between the bass punchiness between the 900w and 600w for nearfield?

No stores near me have the 900w in stereo for testing the difference...
Photo 
It's a great PC setup!

Absolutely love them for mine.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(08-Jan-2020, 03:14)winnoe Wrote:
(07-Jan-2020, 22:46)Bagpuss Wrote: Had my Phantom Reactor 900 just over a year now, intended buying a reactor 600. When I visited the nearest Devialet dealer they only had a 900 and was having trouble getting any Reactors from Devialet.

Precisely because of the analogue inputs, I was thinking of getting 2 x Phantom Reactor 900w matt black as my desktop speakers for my gaming PC. It was to replace the 2.1 of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified that I was using. However, the sales agent at the Devialet store said to save my money, so I got 2 x 600w instead.

When you were interested in getting the Reactor 600w, did you test the difference between the bass punchiness between the 900w and 600w for nearfield?

No stores near me have the 900w in stereo for testing the difference...
I have not had a listen to the Reactor 600 so cant say how much difference there is. I would think if you are going to get a pair fo 600s they will be more than up to the job.