Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge imbalance on digital 3
 Digital 1 connects to 800 companion, digi 2 is fed by hdx with no problem line input has been made digital and shows digital 3. All parameters on both inputs are identical. Digital 3 gives about 60-70% more volume on the right channel, the balance control increases the left volume. Interestingly, for a second both channels are equal then things swing to the right channel. When sources are swapped over the problem stays with digi 3. Have configured many times with no change, any thoughts gratefully recieved.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
My guess is that this is a Configurator bug. If you have some free time and are not adverse to a bit of hassle, you could try configuring the slave as a normal stereo 250, then try the Dig 3 input. (or configure the master as a 250 if Dig 3 is a master input) If this works ok, then at least you are narrowing down if the problem is a fault with the amp input or an issue with the dual mono link. If it was me, I think in the first instance I would send a query to Devialet and ask if this is a known dual mono configurator issue.
i am afraid that i have to say welcome to the "bug-gy" world of dual mono!

there are many threads in the dual mono sub-forum addressing many forms of bugs related to the dual mono setup and indeed it is frustrating!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Sounds like you're doing the buggy woogie.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Have to say the 250 worked without a problem but worth operating as 250 to prove the unit is ok.
Pim, love your humour! 
Cheers.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
Hi Guys,
Reported my issue to Devialet help who responded very quickly. They sent me 2 configs to try but did not resolve the issue. I took my 250 to my dealer and connected his 250 to make an 800, no change. We configured both cards, no change, we made the dealers 250 to master and mine to slave, no change. Anyway after a lot of communication with Devialet the thing was resolved today. The likely issue could be a bug on the SD card. Going to buy 2 new ones tomorrow and re config and see what happens! I have to give it to the guy who dealt with this as he did'nt give any indication of giving up.
Cheers,
Bill.
(21-Jan-2015, 20:28)wwm Wrote: Hi Guys,
Reported my issue to Devialet help who responded very quickly. They sent me 2 configs to try but did not resolve the issue. I took my 250 to my dealer and connected his 250 to make an 800, no change. We configured both cards, no change, we made the dealers 250 to master and mine to slave, no change. Anyway after a lot of communication with Devialet the thing was resolved today. The likely issue could be a bug on the SD card. Going to buy 2 new ones tomorrow and re config and see what happens! I have to give it to the guy who dealt with this as he did'nt give any indication of giving up.
Cheers,
Bill.

Yes - excellent service from your dealer.  I always think the best proof of good service very often comes from how issues such as this are addressed.  Why not give your dealer a mention here?  It looks like they deserve the credit!
Hi confused,
My dealer is Paul at Hi Fi Lounge and indeed he was as helpful as he could be but it was in fact a person called Oceane Turpin at Devialet that finally sorted it. I have to say Paul at HiFi Lounge is a great guy to deal with, a lot of respect for a young company.
Cheers,
Bill.