Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to save the on-line configurator
While the on-line configurator works well, there are anomalies that I cannot figure

In the first image shown, the Speaker has been configured for Pre-Out on and High pass at 100Hz.   
Then OK is selected to go back to the other configurable parameters, then these settings disappear.

(See second image)

I don't know which one is saved 

Image 1:  (Pre-out On for sub has been selected)

[Image: zlVASrA.png]

Image 2:  (back to general selection panel)

[Image: F606FzR.png]
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Think of Preout: OFF and Preout: ON as two separate "tabs" each with its own set of configuration parameters, which is more or less what they are. The idea being that you might want to be able to switch pre-out on and off while the amp is running, for example by using a button on the remote control.

Typically that would allow you to experiment with turning a sub-woofer on and off. When the pre-out is disabled (sub off) you'd want the main speakers to be full range, with no delay, but when the pre-out is enabled (sub on) you'd probably want the main speakers to be high-pass filtered and possibly with some delay to time-align them better to the sub.

After you "OK" the settings for Preout: ON the display reverts to the Preout: OFF "tab", but if you then select Preout: OFF you should see the settings you entered for that state. Both sets of settings are stored in the configuration file (if I remember correctly the Preout: OFF settings have the suffix "_A" and the Preout: ON settings have the suffix "_B").

Hope that helps...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thank you very much for that concise explanation

May I run another question past you.  What is "Relative Level"?

[Image: 140Kpht.png]
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Glad that helped!

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume the relative level allows you to change the (volume) balance between the left and right speaker outputs.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK