Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to upgrade any Expert/Expert Pro setup
I've owned Devialet Expert/Expert Pro gear since 2017.  I've been so impressed with their performance that it got me off the equipment upgrade merry go round many of us audiophiles wind up on.  My current setup is a Devialet Expert Pro 250 with Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature floor speakers and a SVS PC 4000 cylinder sub.  

A couple of years ago, also got into headphone listening.  Wound up with a Chord M-Scaler/Hugo TT-2 setup.  The Chord approach to digital is second to none IMHO.

After a period of time,  decided to use the Chord M-Scaler as a front end processor for the 250 Pro.  The difference in performance is quite significant.   The M-Scaler makes the 250 Pro sound better across the board.  Every aspect of sonic preproduction takes a step up.  The better the recording, the more noticeable the improvement is.  Soundstage is larger, wider, deeper, and most importantly, clarity is improved.  Transients really become more noticeable.  Much more like real music.  

The difference is enough such that I only now listen to the 250 Pro with the M-Scaler as a front end processor.  All incoming signals are upscaled to either 176.4 or 192 KHz.  If you already own a M-Scaler, try it.  You won't believe how much better your setup will sound.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB