Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Programme Shipping Concerns
Hi Guys,

After finally getting hold of a second Expert 250 I am thinking of taking advantage of the new upgrade programme pricing and sending off our Expert 800 to be upgraded to a 1000 Pro. On reading the terms and conditions I was quite surprised to find that although Devialet arrange all of the transportation of your units they relinquish themselves of all responsibility for the outward journey from us to them, so your amplifiers are basically uninsured and if they get lost (or damaged) before they arrive at Devialet HQ then it's tough luck, it's your problem not theirs. 

I find this quite surprising and wondered if people were aware of this? It's a bit of a strange situation as usually the person who arranges the shipping also arranges the insurance but I've had it confirmed by Devialet support that this is not the case. I appreciate that the chances of the parcel going missing are small but it's definitely something to be aware of. 

To those of you who have taken advantage of the upgrade programme, did you buy 3rd party insurance or just take the risk?
I did not get any additional coverage.

But this handled by UPS or FedEx, I don't remember which one and to my knowledge, adequate coverage is part of the standard terms, so I did not worry nor did I experienced any problem.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Interesting question. I did the 129 to 220 upgrade, and then the CI upgrade, and the amp went off into the night as per the Devialet instructions. They sent a box, I packet it up, and it came back very quickly and in undamaged condition both times. I don't recall any reports of damage, but that is just my memory. The only oddities were some odd delays on the part of the courier company during the return journey, and another member in my area had his dual mono boxes left on his door step, unattended by the courier.

Devialet paid all the shipping and arranged for import & export paperwork, though there were some questions about that from the other Canadians here. It might be different where you are. I don't recall any discussion about insurance, but that does not mean that it shouldn't have been done. Perhaps let us know where you are, and others in the same area may be able to give more relevant advice.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
In my case all went very quick and smooth.
I live in Europe, so in one week UPS catch and return the Dev with the CI upgrade done.
I believe the responsibility in the event of delay, loss or damage rests with the carrier (UPS in my case), you´ll need to check that with them.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
As Devialet organise and pay for the postage for your Devialet on it’s journey from you to them, the contract will be between the courier and Devialet. Your amp may not be covered by insurance, but responsibility for it will remain with Devialet and the courier. Even if you tried, you would have no negotiating authority with the courier in the event of loss or damage. Devialet may advise your amp is shipped uninsured, but that does not absolve them of their (and not your) responsibility for it.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
Fedex charge $1 for every $100 amount insured. It will be much cheaper for Devialet not to insure the units and then replace any broken parts. I'm not sure what is the BOM(bill of material) cost for Devialet unit, but it may not be more than 25-35% of the MSRP. Plus their packing material is really good. (internal box with foam and double wall outer cardboard box).
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(31-Aug-2020, 12:23)Laura Wrote: Hi Guys,

After finally getting hold of a second Expert 250 I am thinking of taking advantage of the new upgrade programme pricing and sending off our Expert 800 to be upgraded to a 1000 Pro. On reading the terms and conditions I was quite surprised to find that although Devialet arrange all of the transportation of your units they relinquish themselves of all responsibility for the outward journey from us to them, so your amplifiers are basically uninsured and if they get lost (or damaged) before they arrive at Devialet HQ then it's tough luck, it's your problem not theirs. 

I find this quite surprising and wondered if people were aware of this? It's a bit of a strange situation as usually the person who arranges the shipping also arranges the insurance but I've had it confirmed by Devialet support that this is not the case. I appreciate that the chances of the parcel going missing are small but it's definitely something to be aware of. 

To those of you who have taken advantage of the upgrade programme, did you buy 3rd party insurance or just take the risk?

Mine has been back twice for Expert and CI upgrades. I bought it from a good Devialet dealer. On both occasions I took it to the dealer and they handled it. No worries.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.