Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the built in brown noise to measure frequency response?
Hey!

We are new Devialet le 200 owners here at AudioFlea.

I've noticed there is a 'Brown Noise' option in the settings.  

I usually use pink noise with TrueRTA to measure my frequency response.  How would I go about using the built-in Brown Noise to measure frequency response?

Thanks and hoping everyone is having a great labor day!

Kind regards,
Todd @ AudioFlea
It's not suited for measuring frequency response. It's used for low/mid driver burn-in or subwoofer integration.

PS. Labor day is May 1st here. We're not all Americans.. Wink But thank you anyway! Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Ah Yes My fault about the Labor Day thing, meant for my fellow Americans! Everyone else, just a good day in general!!

Good to know about the brown noise, I'll stick to my pink noise for my RTAs!

Interesting on the subwoofer integration, my understanding is that brown noise has a steeper slope, so would be tipped up in the bass. How are you using the brown noise to better integrate subs? Just easier to listen for integration with gain, crossover and phase?

Todd @ AudioFlea
I've personally never used brown noise for that (or any other) purpose. Personally I used sine wave test tones at the crossover frequency and the built in freq. sweeps in measuring software like REW for integrating my sub.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands