Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I get two Phantom Silver - How to connect without a dialog?
Hello! I'm new in this forum and my english isn´t so well! Sorry!

Last week i´ordered two "old" new (!) Phantom Silver for a total of 1700 Euro. What a great deal! 

After that fast deal Cool , i have some questions to the connection. I want to buy a new turntable with optical output to connect the phantoms. In the past i heard about the dialog to connect more than one phantom. But there a no more options to buy one. How to connect more than two phantoms with some sources like a turntable.

Can anybody help me!

Thanks!
(24-May-2020, 12:08)roei Wrote: Hello! I'm new in this forum and my english isn´t so well! Sorry!

Last week i´ordered two "old" new (!) Phantom Silver for a total of 1700 Euro. What a great deal! 

After that fast deal Cool , i have some questions to the connection. I want to buy a new turntable with optical output to connect the phantoms. In the past i heard about the dialog to connect more than one phantom. But there a no more options to buy one. How to connect more than two phantoms with some sources like a turntable.

Can anybody help me!

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

You can use the optical input on the Phantoms.
You're gonna need to upgrade them to the new OS (DOS 2), and then they'll be able to work as a pair without a Dialog.

For your turntable, use an optical input on one of the Phantoms.
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
(24-May-2020, 14:57)AcrossTheWaves Wrote: You're gonna need to upgrade them to the new OS (DOS 2), and then they'll be able to work as a pair without a Dialog.

For your turntable, use an optical input on one of the Phantoms.

Thank you so much! That's so easy?! Wow! Ok...

Do you have any experience with turntables? Do you prefer any solution or it's to recommend to connect the devialet directly? I think about the Pro-ject Essential III digital. Or is there a "better" setup in the same price range?!
I have the same set up. Pro-ject digital connected directly to the optical input of the phantom. Works great!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H870DS met Tapatalk
I have a Pro-ject Debut Carbon. I use a pro-ject tube box s2 as a pre-amp, and connect it to a analog-to-digital converter (Swissonic Converter AD 24/192) that I plug to one of the Phantoms. Works nicely.
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
Hello,

Where did you get that price offer? I got one Phantom Classic for 1300 Euros 2 weeks ago?
Sad((
(01-Jun-2020, 08:11)devinoob Wrote: Hello,

Where did you get that price offer? I got one Phantom Classic for 1300 Euros 2 weeks ago?
Sad((

There were lots of offers at Amazon in the past two weeks. Maybe a clearance sale? The Phantom Gold for a price of approximately 
1100 and Silver for 876,90. What a deal! ;-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow cheap