Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I newer Stream
I have devialet 220 Pro ,bye devialet In that time When it was 170 watt , Then 200, and When it was able too upgrade ,my devialet is now 220 Pro. I bye vinyl , and i have innuos where all my cd is , i do not have roon, i do not have Tidal , i play my records ,and listen too my innuos , Like many others i have before trouble With hiss playing vinyl ,i bye a SUT and the hiss ,disapere , but still i thinking , Can i make the Sound different ( mabye more analog) i Read about people who connect seperart phonostage too devialet, it help , but still everything is digital , some people say ,digital is not warm, and Then come my ploblem should i sell devialet ,and bye a amp who is analog ,and get more warm Sound ,? Just a little thinking here on a warm Day In Copenhagen .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
You can find people who say anything. Some say separate phono stages are better, some that they aren't, some say that analog amps sound warm and digital amps don't. Lot's of different people say different things.

Only one opinion counts: your opinion. It's your system, you're going to spend a lot more time listening to it than anyone else and the reason you bought it was so that you could get a bit more enjoyment listening to the music you like. The question is whether or not you're enjoying it. If you're enjoying it then it doesn't matter if some people, even a lot of people, don't like the result you're getting, you can't please everyone and the point of having your own system is to please yourself. If you're not enjoying your own system then you're doing something wrong and you should try to correct whatever that is but it may not be the amp and there's a huge range of other candidates for what the problem is including source, speakers, setup, and the room itself.

Don't worry about what other people say, worry about whether you personally like the result you're getting. You'll spend a lot less on gear and a lot more time enjoying music if you make your decisions based on whether or not you like the result rather than on what other people say you should do to get the best sound.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(25-Aug-2019, 23:55)David A Wrote: You can find people who say anything. Some say separate phono stages are better, some that they aren't, some say that analog amps sound warm and digital amps don't. Lot's of different people say different things.

Only one opinion counts: your opinion. It's your system, you're going to spend a lot more time listening to it than anyone else and the reason you bought it was so that you could get a bit more enjoyment listening to the music you like. The question is whether or not you're enjoying it. If you're enjoying it then it doesn't matter if some people, even a lot of people, don't like the result you're getting, you can't please everyone and the point of having your own system is to please yourself. If you're not enjoying your own system then you're doing something wrong and you should try to correct whatever that is but it may not be the amp and there's a huge range of other candidates for what the problem is including source, speakers, setup, and the room itself.

Don't worry about what other people say, worry about whether you personally like the result you're getting. You'll spend a lot less on gear and a lot more time enjoying music if you make your decisions based on whether or not you like the result rather than on what other people say you should do to get the best sound.

+1 to that.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Hi Finn,

'Warm' sound is basically a change in tonal character of the amp. You can easily change the tonal character with the bass and treble adjustment. A 2dB boost around 250Hz will give you a bit of 'glow' and decreasing the treble can take some of the 'edge' off.

I use Roon and that gives us access to a much more elaborate full equaliser. With the Devialet being so transparent, tone controls basically give you the option to try any given amplifier's tonal character. I've played with it many times for different songs and in some cases it helps make them more listenable. But overall I find myself going back to 'flat' (No changes)

So where to go for you? You could try tone controls for a while and see what type of sound you prefer. If you find you like it a little darker overall, a different amp or maybe a tube phono stage could give you what you want. Different speakers can do the same. But if you find, like me, that sometimes you like it a bit darker, sometimes you like it flat and sometimes with a bit more oomph in the lower end, then it's probably the mastering of the music you listen to that differs from song to song. If that's the case, tone controls are probably your best option. A difference in your system will only 'fix' some masters and make others worse.

Have fun trying.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
These days, it's hard to avoid (or want to avoid) digital audio. I was a long-time analog advocate years back. Good turntable, good cartridge, good analog electronics. But digital slowly infiltrated. Sure, in the early days CDs sounded bad... it took awhile for that to get better. Then streaming came along. It also had a lot of issues -- sound quality and convenience. Vinyl pops and ticks got replaced by stuttering and dropouts. But it also has gotten so much better. Early digital electronics such as the Class D amps and early DACs also sounded like crap. Guess what? Technology marches on and digital now is really pretty damn amazing (e.g. Devialet).

Hey, I still love spinning vinyl, but I don't do it very often these days. When I do, it's still through my Devialet which, to these years, sounds better than any fully analog rig I've owned. But I now use Roon for streaming music 98% of the time. I personally think it sounds amazing but, to be honest, the real reason I do so is equally about convenience and capability. I can listen for hours without interrupt. I can stream to multiple rooms. I can take it with me on vacation. I can use Roon's DSP/equalizer functions to adjust the sound anyway I want (although rarely do). I can store *all* my music on a small, portable harddrive. And back it up. I can use Roon as a highly interlinked library of albums, artists, composers, performers, etc... all on my computer, tablet or phone.

So, for me, the world of digital audio has fundamentally changed how I experience music. And I still have my library of vinyl albums to take me back on occasion to "the good old days".

As @David A stated... only your opinion counts. There really is no right and wrong and you can pretty much have the best of both worlds if you choose to.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thank you //David A ,Pim,Brit, mdconnelly , for your answer , i Read it, and it is not becorse i Don,t like the Sound from my devialet, here the other Day i listen too tube amp With turntable and it Sound great , simpel system , a riaa ,turntable,and tube amp , mabye that Way i vill go , thinking thinking, but anyway thank you all for ansvar.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,