Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I stumbled across something
Good day everyone 

I thought I would post this here with the slim chance of it maybe helping someone.

I've always battled with the wifi streaming between my iMac running Roon and my Devialet 220PRO CI. I have (like so many others) always put it down to software issues. It would play a bit and after a while start stumbling. I have done everything from disabling DHCP to buying and trying new routers but it was always a bit of a hit and miss affair.
Recently I bought an Epson LS3050 printer with the idea of setting it up as a wifi and AirPrint printer. I battled for about 6 weeks on and off and just could not get my iMac to "see" the printer. I searched far and wide and even had Epson's technical support online but they also could not figure it out.

After reading many online help forums I discovered a wifi printing issue with a router setting called Privacy Separator. It is a setting on a router to prevent devices on a LAN to connect with one another, mostly as a security measure. People are advised to disable this setting if they have wifi printing problems. I have an Asus router and does not have this setting. Narrowing down my search around Privacy Setting issues, I stumbled across this post though specifcally for my model Asus router :

http://www.seriouslytrivial.com/2017/11/...-solution/

Disabling the "airtime fairness" option under the wifi config immediately solved my printing woes, not just that but the first time after changing the setting that I attempted to stream to my Devialet, I was greeted by a slick, glitch free Devialet. What I pleasure.

It seems as if the setting is suppose to allow equal wifi airtime to all devices on a wifi LAN. If one device then sends and receives too much data, the router will start throttling that device. This then leads to the Devialet (which is obviously asking for a constant stream of data from the router) being throttled and this causes drop outs and white noise.

Anyway, I'm a happy Devialet owner now.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
@Drifter Thanks so much for sharing that information, very helpful and I admire your doggedness. Also love your speakers as well!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(25-Apr-2018, 08:27)Drifter Wrote: Good day everyone 

I thought I would post this here with the slim chance of it maybe helping someone.

I've always battled with the wifi streaming between my iMac running Roon and my Devialet 220PRO CI. I have (like so many others) always put it down to software issues. It would play a bit and after a while start stumbling. I have done everything from disabling DHCP to buying and trying new routers but it was always a bit of a hit and miss affair.
Recently I bought an Epson LS3050 printer with the idea of setting it up as a wifi and AirPrint printer. I battled for about 6 weeks on and off and just could not get my iMac to "see" the printer. I searched far and wide and even had Epson's technical support online but they also could not figure it out.

After reading many online help forums I discovered a wifi printing issue with a router setting called Privacy Separator. It is a setting on a router to prevent devices on a LAN to connect with one another, mostly as a security measure. People are advised to disable this setting if they have wifi printing problems. I have an Asus router and does not have this setting. Narrowing down my search around Privacy Setting issues, I stumbled across this post though specifcally for my model Asus router :

http://www.seriouslytrivial.com/2017/11/...-solution/

Disabling the "airtime fairness" option under the wifi config immediately solved my printing woes, not just that but the first time after changing the setting that I attempted to stream to my Devialet, I was greeted by a slick, glitch free Devialet. What I pleasure.

It seems as if the setting is suppose to allow equal wifi airtime to all devices on a wifi LAN. If one device then sends and receives too much data, the router will start throttling that device. This then leads to the Devialet (which is obviously asking for a constant stream of data from the router) being throttled and this causes drop outs and white noise.

Anyway, I'm a happy Devialet owner now.
Like you, I have been looking for the “solution” to streaming ever since I bought my Devialet a few years ago.  The first major step forward was Roon - with Ethernet connection.  However, since getting a new router, I am now able to stream - wifi - hi res files with not a glitch or drop out.  Perhaps the CI board has also made a difference.  Given the lack of recent activity on this site, perhaps most people have arrived at a solution to their problems.  The Devialet is sounding as wonderful as ever!
Brilliant, thank you so much for sharing!