Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS the ring around the midwoofer removable?
Recently there has been some complains of the ring around the mid woofer yellowing.  

Anyone know if that one can be removed just as the center one over the tweeter can be? 

Thanks!
(03-Jan-2016, 10:31)MountainGuy Wrote: Recently there has been some complains of the ring around the mid woofer yellowing.  

Anyone know if that one can be removed just as the center one over the tweeter can be? 

Thanks!

Why??
Why not? Smile

In all seriousness, because I was wondering if yellowing rings can simply be replaced.

Also because I am thinking of some potential mods that may actually improve the Phantoms. Non destructive mods - but one may involve that ring. Smile I modded my volume remote and like it a lot more now.
(04-Jan-2016, 05:29)MountainGuy Wrote: Why not?    Smile

In all seriousness, because I was wondering if yellowing rings can simply be replaced.

Also because I am thinking of some potential mods that may actually improve the Phantoms.  Non destructive mods - but one may involve that ring.  Smile   I modded my volume remote and like it a lot more now.

I've seen a few pics with the side plates just behind the woofer which say Phantom removed. There appear to be screw recesses underneath and a label saying 'Ere be dragons!'.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!