Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had the chance to do it all over again...
(07-Mar-2021, 03:58)Jml2155 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2020, 10:36)f1eng Wrote: If I bought anything other than my Devialet it would be DSP active speakers but they tend to be more suitable for file based music systems which I don't like.
I rather fancied this:-

https://www.genelec.com/film-drama-post/...ive-system

for films and music.

Hello, I'm thinking of changing my Harbeth speakers for Genelec 8351's for more dynamic sound and possible subwoofer and easy room optimization.
I would like to feed the Genelecs with all my sources, LP, analog, Roon and other digital sources.
The digital output of my Devialet 200, pre-amp output, could be (full-range ) via XLR AES\EBU to the Genelec.
So I would reuse the pre-amp side of the Devialet.

Do you think that setup is feasible ?
Do you think the volume could still be controlled by the beautiful Devialet control ?

Thanks,
Jacques    Smile
The pre and power amp parts of the Devialet are not really separable. It is truly integrated.
The Genelecs will need controlling by a computer for their volume control and using their software for room compensation.
I am sure you can probably use several inputs somehow but it is a bit of a kludge.
Overall I don't want that personally. The Phantoms sound great to me but I rarely use them since they don't suit my "music listening style".
I love the Devialet amp I have and that is why I am sticking with passive speakers.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(11-Mar-2021, 12:29)f1eng Wrote:
(07-Mar-2021, 03:58)Jml2155 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2020, 10:36)f1eng Wrote: If I bought anything other than my Devialet it would be DSP active speakers but they tend to be more suitable for file based music systems which I don't like.
I rather fancied this:-

https://www.genelec.com/film-drama-post/...ive-system

for films and music.

Hello, I'm thinking of changing my Harbeth speakers for Genelec 8351's for more dynamic sound and possible subwoofer and easy room optimization.
I would like to feed the Genelecs with all my sources, LP, analog, Roon and other digital sources.
The digital output of my Devialet 200, pre-amp output, could be (full-range ) via XLR AES\EBU to the Genelec.
So I would reuse the pre-amp side of the Devialet.

Do you think that setup is feasible ?
Do you think the volume could still be controlled by the beautiful Devialet control ?

Thanks,
Jacques    Smile
The pre and power amp parts of the Devialet are not really separable. It is truly integrated.
The Genelecs will need controlling by a computer for their volume control and using their software for room compensation.
I am sure you can probably use several inputs somehow but it is a bit of a kludge.
Overall I don't want that personally. The Phantoms sound great to me but I rarely use them since they don't suit my "music listening style".
I love the Devialet amp I have and that is why I am sticking with passive speakers.

The Genelecs do not need a computer for controlling the volume. The GLM can be powered by any 5V USB power supply. You can find this information from the GLM 4 user manual (page 71).
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland