Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impure sounds from compact disc?
Whilst some Devialet users suffer problems from AIR or Spark, I cannot recall hearing anyone with impaired sound from CD.

Anyway, worry not because Russ Andrews Accessories has introduced the DDE-1 which treats problems with CDs which, perhaps, you thought you never had.

Their recent catalogue markets this "Dynamic Disc Enhancer" which "uses proprietary technology to treat discs and represents countless hours of research into the effects of electromagnetic forces on discs".

The unit is the size of a big paperback and you just plug it in and sit your CD on top of it for 30 seconds.

Interestingly, Russ Andrews makes no claims at all as to what the DDE-1 does. They leave this to a prototype user who reels off a list of wonderful improvements:

"bass is weightier, deeper and more lucid"

"high frequencies are sweeter and have greater resolution" (and there was I waiting for more sour ones)

"sound stages become much easier to visualise"

"acoustic space is presented more clearly and naturally"

"an apparent increase in dynamic range" ... "though it could be that this a purely subjective impression and not susceptible to measurement" (!!!) Fear of action from the ASA perhaps.

This isn't specifically a product for Devialet users but may interest those of you who want to pay over £3,000 for this device!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
It really works !
I put a U2 CD on it, pressed the button and 30s later played it on my CD Player. The sound was amazing; the entire U2 album had been replaced by an Amy Whitehouse album.

Money well spent I say..........
I have also tried one and can confirm a splendid improvement in sound quality.

It takes The Edge off many poor sounding disks.
(10-Sep-2015, 20:11)krass Wrote: It really works !
I put a U2 CD on it, pressed the button and 30s later played it on my CD Player. The sound was amazing; the entire U2 album had been replaced by an Amy Whitehouse album.

Money well spent I say..........

... or by an Ann Widdecombe album
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
i thought she said "Winehouse"... but she had been drinking a bit before she dozed off.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Anyone remember the 'Green Pen' tweak?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I thought I did but apparently not accurately as I thought it the green marker tweak... no wonder it didn't work for me ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I'm not into tweeks much but I can tell you guys this and you can laugh if you want. I needed a USB cable for my printer one day and I ended up buying a high end audio one because I wanted one anyway. I swear that it printed way quicker AND it fixed all my spelling mistakes. Really, it's true!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-Sep-2015, 22:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm not into tweeks much but I can tell you guys this and you can laugh if you want. I needed a USB cable for my printer one day and I ended up buying a high end audio one because I wanted one anyway. I swear that it printed way quicker AND it fixed all my spelling mistakes. Really, it's true!

Did it sing at the same time or just whistle ?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I had these one. Using this device You can really change SQ of every CD. And it costs around 400 Euros.

https://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/...d-3_1.html