Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increased performance, security from DNS change to 1.1.1.1
Yesterday I read a few online articles about a DNS address that could be faster than what you are using and has better security. It’s hosted by Cloudflare. Just type 1.1.1.1 into your Internet browser and it’ll prompt you on how to change the settings for that particular device. I just did this on my iPhone, Win10 computer and iPad and my browsing is significantly quicker. Plus, for those who use it with Devialet, Roon seems to load and react much more quickly. Don’t take my word, however, read the various articles before you take the plunge. Be aware, this might seem like an April Fools’ Day prank as it was launched yesterday and the four ones result in 4.1 Big Grin , but it is real. There are also settings in Windows for IPv6. Here is a link.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Hi,
Who's behind this?

1.1.1.1 is a partnership between Cloudflare and APNIC.

Cloudflare operates one of the world's largest and fastest networks. APNIC is a non-profit organization responsible for IP addressing for the Asia-Pacific and Oceania regions.

Cloudflare had the network. APNIC had the IP address (1.1.1.1). Together we pursue the goal of improving the Internet. You can read more about the respective organizations in these posts:
Cloudflare Blog / APNIC Blog.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria