Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting pictures from RMAF
This caught my eye, some pics of a Devialet demo at RMAF.  But what's this?   Fancy power cables used for the demo!  Was this officially sanctioned by Devialet, who claim they make no difference?  sacre bleu!  Also, is that a much loved Crystal cable being used for the due mono link?  I'm not sure.

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/10/06...to-denver/
In some parts of the hifi world using expensive cables is necessary for credibility
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Oct-2015, 13:30)f1eng Wrote: In some parts of the hifi world using expensive cables is necessary for credibility

Good answer Frank  Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Another picture of the 800 from Stereophile:

[Image: 100315-Devialet2-600.jpg]
If you spend the eye watering amount for a 800 and the B&W's .. spending a bit on cables...just in case .. is trivial
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I see nothing there that reeks of vulgarly expensive or over the top. Ostensibly barely more than horizontal enhancement excluding the possible CC link which I interpret as a good thing. I'm more curious about the mis-matched mains on matched monos. Wouldn't be the first time a vendor had to scrounge or borrow some random cabling to get up & running at a show... happens all the time!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Don't tell me I'm the only one who sees it! The power cord used for the Master, which I presume is the left one, is different from that of the slave's. This would mean their individual sound would differ as influenced by the sonic characteristics of the different power cords. Pretty shabby if you're demoing SOTA equipment. Oops! My mistake. Manoet spotted them too.
looks like a Nordost Frey 2 power on the one to left with tape over the Nordost name,and the other one a Tyr 2,
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(08-Oct-2015, 15:50)aisip Wrote: Don't tell me I'm the only one who sees it! The power cord used for the Master, which I presume is the left one, is different from that of the slave's. This would mean their individual sound would differ as influenced by the sonic characteristics of the different power cords. Pretty shabby if you're demoing SOTA equipment. Oops! My mistake. Manoet spotted them too.

Or maybe they want to show that it just don't matter.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(08-Oct-2015, 19:04)Krisp Wrote:
(08-Oct-2015, 15:50)aisip Wrote: Don't tell me I'm the only one who sees it! The power cord used for the Master, which I presume is the left one, is different from that of the slave's. This would mean their individual sound would differ as influenced by the sonic characteristics of the different power cords. Pretty shabby if you're demoing SOTA equipment. Oops! My mistake. Manoet spotted them too.

Or maybe they want to show that it just don't matter.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Seconded !!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers