Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent Sound from Reactors
Hi, we have 2 Reactors setup and starting a few weeks ago they would suddenly stop playing music.

Music is cast to the speakers from an iPad Air 2, both the iPad and Reactors are on a network just for them, the reactors are placed around 15-18 ft away from each other so running an ethernet cable between would not be ideal. Music is mainly streamed from Spotify.
The most common scene where the music would stop playing is when the iPad leaves the Devialet or Spotify apps
We have tried soft resets (unplug for 15 seconds, hold the power button until the speaker makes a 'clapping' sound) and the soft resets have restored the Reactors to regular operating capabilities but the glitch is quick to appear again.
Is there a fix or workaround you can recommend?

iPad Air -> iPadOS 14.3
Reactors -> DOS 2.12.3
(11-Feb-2021, 19:43)ITforRM Wrote: Hi, we have 2 Reactors setup and starting a few weeks ago they would suddenly stop playing music.

Music is cast to the speakers from an iPad Air 2, both the iPad and Reactors are on a network just for them, the reactors are placed around 15-18 ft away from each other so running an ethernet cable between would not be ideal. Music is mainly streamed from Spotify.
The most common scene where the music would stop playing is when the iPad leaves the Devialet or Spotify apps
We have tried soft resets (unplug for 15 seconds, hold the power button until the speaker makes a 'clapping' sound) and the soft resets have restored the Reactors to regular operating capabilities but the glitch is quick to appear again.
Is there a fix or workaround you can recommend?

iPad Air -> iPadOS 14.3
Reactors -> DOS 2.12.3

It looks like you installed the new update,there are problems with this update.. it mutes the sound..
I wasn't sure if you have done a factory reset but if you haven't you might try that. I have installed the latest update and have not had problems.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2