Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intona enter the audiophile USB cable market
Got a press release email from Intona that opened with:

"today we are happy to announce the release of Intona's brand new Professional USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable series."

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed, I thought they seemed like a brand of proper engineers who built some really cool electronics before anyone else did. I guess they figured cables are easier money. Note their cheapest cable is more expensive than the base model box of electronics that is the Isolator. The most expensive ('Reference' obviously) nearly 1,000.

Shame. The full blurb below for those that like expensive cables.

-----

today we are happy to announce the release of Intona's brand new Professional USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable series.
Once again, we are able to offer you a product which is unique worldwide as we have developed the first individually characterized USB cable for media and data applications. This cable is available in three grades: PREMIUM, REFERENCE and ULTIMATE.
PREMIUM and REFERENCE grades are available online for purchase. For the ULTIMATE grade we kindly ask you to get in touch with us directly for availability and pricing. The requirements we have set for this grade are that high that there can be only a handful of cables available at the time!
If you are interested in the background of technology and development of these cables, you will get satisfied here:

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Cheer up, you don’t have to buy one.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.