Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone app problems after core infinity upgrade
I've been told by my dealer that Devialet plans in the fullness of time to replace the iPhone app with a new version of spark that will control experts as well as phantoms. But it's a shame that the CI upgrade seems to have disabled a lot of the functionality of the existing app. 2.1 ignored the details of my configuration but allowed me to switch sources and control volume and power. With 2.2 I can control volume and power only. This does not make me look forward to 2.3...
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
Devialet told that they know the issue and are working on improvements
I'm sure that they are working feverishly. Poor devils; the current app is only 5 years old. Fancy needing to update it so soon.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
When my amps came back from having the CI boards fitted, the new firmware was pre-loaded and the remote was working fine. I joined the beta program and loaded the firmware that we aren’t allowed to talk about. I decided to load the original firmware (Version: 2.1_RC4 + Firmware 11.5.18
Date: 01/12/2017) and now the remote will not work! How can this be? The only answer is that the files that were loaded at the factory are different to what is being offered on the site! WTF?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Sending music via Airplay seems to wake the machine from standby. Is this a new feature?

It seems to auto-detect if it has a steam being sent by Airplay or Spotify. Clever and useful.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
FYI:
With CI board I hard-coded the Wifi and ethernet IPs on the configurator as I had before CI. Nothing worked...AIR or app. I configured them for DHCP and AIR works and the app functions perfectly. So far...
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto 

(10-Dec-2017, 17:45)frenek Wrote: Which search function ?
Where do I have to put the filter "iphone only" ?
Please tell something more

Before Core Infinity it works with iphone and orig. remote

In the app store of my iPad there is a ‘search’ function, in the right corner below. Here is a screenshot. In my language (Dutch) the search function is called ‘zoek’. I gave it a yellow marking.

click on ‘filters’ -> supporting iPad only ->

Choose ‘supporting ‘iPhone only’

And here it is:

■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(17-Dec-2017, 22:09)Zappydev Wrote: I'm sure that they are working feverishly. Poor devils; the current app is only 5 years old. Fancy needing to update it so soon.

Top marks for that one! Made me laugh out loud. Maybe in ten years they’ll have an iPad-specific one....

Seriously, how hard can it possibly be to update an App?! Especially such an incredibly simple one as a remote control. Oh I give up!

I’m very happy that I haven’t upgraded to the CI board. If it means a future with Spark instead of the current fairly elegant (albeit incredibly basic and poorly updated) App, I may never bother. At least not until a future iOS App renders it completely useless.

Still baffled by all the upgraders - so may people keen to alpha-test and happy to use broken software. I’m guessing I’ll be one of the last to experience the CI.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<