Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Bluetooth open to public?
Was sitting in the living room and the phantoms started to play music ( very loud) without me turning anything on and nobody else was home. I had to turn the power off to the speakers for it to stop. I live in a apartment building so I was wondering if someone access the phantoms Bluetooth or wifi? I have had the speakers for four months now and never had this problem. I have two silver phantoms and the dialog box and nothing else, tidal for music. How can I stop this from happening again? Thanks
(21-Feb-2016, 04:27)Bdaly Wrote: Was sitting in the living room and the phantoms started to play music ( very loud) without me turning anything on and nobody else was home. I had to turn the power off to the speakers for it to stop. I live in a apartment building so I was wondering if someone access the phantoms Bluetooth or wifi? I have had the speakers for four months now and never had this problem. I have two silver phantoms and the dialog box and nothing else, tidal for music. How can I stop this from happening again? Thanks

This happened to me too.  It happened once. To make matters worse, it happened to me in the middle of the night around 2am.  I also live in an apartment building. I woke up from a dead sleep to find a loud newscast from National Public Radio.  At full blast, no less.  It was disorienting, to say the least.  After I was able to think, I pulled the plugs.  Later, I turned off the bluetooth to the two Phantoms (I have two Silver Phantoms).  I connected my Airport Express directly to the dialog with optical and ethernet.  The Phantoms are connected via WiFi.  Has not happened in the last month.  I thought the thing was possessed!  Ha! I guess they have been officially exorcised.
I use a UE boom and had the same thing happening when playing Tidal. Always at the start of a song. It's happened on two occasions. The first time via my iPhone. I'm not sure what I used the second time. Today, I'm using it playing iTunes from my MBPro and no problems.

It would be almost impossible for someone to have exactly the same code on a bluetooth device.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My phantom bluetooth does not require any code to enter so that is a potential problem. Especially FULL BLAST at 2AM !!!!!!!

Fortunately has not happened to me but potentially possible.

Smile
In general the reach distance of Bluetooth is approximately 10 meters IF there are no walls inbetween the transmitter and receiver. So the person who started your Phantoms must have been in close range to be able to connect to, and activate, your Phantoms. To avoid this happening in the future, just switch off the Bluetooth function on your Phantoms when you're not using it.

BR Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
How do you switch off Bluetooth? With Spark?
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Yes, you turn off BT in Spark
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thanks Ragwo, found it. I live in a block of 6 flats and didn't want the same thing happening to me. Especially as it defaults the volume to 70.
Strange thing is the Remote control still works, i thought this was Bluetooth.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(21-Feb-2016, 20:44)Silvertouran Wrote: Strange thing is the Remote control still works, i thought this was Bluetooth.

The remote control works with older Bluetooth-less Phantoms.
(21-Feb-2016, 05:47)Bobbybina Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 04:27)Bdaly Wrote: Was sitting in the living room and the phantoms started to play music ( very loud) without me turning anything on and nobody else was home. I had to turn the power off to the speakers for it to stop. I live in a apartment building so I was wondering if someone access the phantoms Bluetooth or wifi? I have had the speakers for four months now and never had this problem. I have two silver phantoms and the dialog box and nothing else, tidal for music. How can I stop this from happening again? Thanks

This happened to me too.  It happened once. To make matters worse, it happened to me in the middle of the night around 2am.  I also live in an apartment building. I woke up from a dead sleep to find a loud newscast from National Public Radio.  At full blast, no less.  It was disorienting, to say the least.  After I was able to think, I pulled the plugs.  Later, I turned off the bluetooth to the two Phantoms (I have two Silver Phantoms).  I connected my Airport Express directly to the dialog with optical and ethernet.  The Phantoms are connected via WiFi.  Has not happened in the last month.  I thought the thing was possessed!  Ha! I guess they have been officially exorcised.
My dog freaked out then it happened, the speakers at full blast and me running around looking for my iPad and phone to lower the volume, only to realize it was Bluetooth and unplugging the power it's not easy to troubleshoot with the volume so loud. Found out how to turn off Bluetooth in spark.