Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Phantom ready for prime time?
(24-May-2016, 05:24)angenet Wrote: Yes,  i have to get rid of some of my Sonos and amp, speaker to offset the cost of the phantoms... very proud of my devices.. the network issues are the only setback...

I have also disabled the safeguard engine on the switch.

The problem I have got starts from the very beginning.. as my house is located in non cable area... and ADSL was very slow ( max of 3 Mbs)..
I then setup a Point to point link using two Ubiquiti antennas with my friend who live in a VM cable area 1 mile away... The link is strong (99% permanent) and I can now get 100 Mbs in the house..

So the virgin Media router is located at my friend house and from the receptive antenna of the P2P, I have got the DGS-1210 managed switch downstair...two of the Phantoms are connected to the DGS-1210.. which  also feed a Netgear GS108PE Gigabit switch... the two phantoms upstairs are connected to the GS108PE.

Ideally, I would have preferred all the phantoms to be wired directly to the DGS-1210.. But that mean running many cables through the house which is not an option now...

I have discussed the issue with Devialet and was told to use the Airport Extreme instead...but can't see where to fit the airport in my current settings..Will considered the Airport extreme if I can figure out the best way to use it in my house....any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I have now disabled all extras from the DGS-1210 and will see.

Cool solution to your interenet problem.

I also have my Phantoms wired upstairs to a switch (Dell 2816) and downstairs in the basement hooked up to a HP 2810. The HP 2810 and Dell 2816 are linked via a single run from upstairs to downstairs. All works fine but it seems any packet filtering messes things up so it's been disabled on the Dell switch at least.

I believe Devialet recommend the Airport Extreme because it's a widely available dumb switch which they've validated. It has no filtering or priority queuing on those Ethernet ports AFAIK. Let us know how things work out, think a little more transparency from Devialet on the type of protocol they use for Spark, ports and protocol type would help. This is standard from any vendor selling any type of networking. For example here's Sonos's doc on the network ports used:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...with-sonos). A better troubleshooting document would also help.

There is this though from Devialet. A bit oddly worded and not terribly enlightening but worth a skim:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ecommended