Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the buzzing on the Phantom II 98dB a defect?
Are there any Phantom II 98dB owners here who can please tell me whether their Phantom II also squeaks at over 80% volume?
Please listen to the following short videos:
Video 1/3
Video 2/3
Video 3/3
Depending on the music, the buzzing starts at 70% volume.

My 4 Phantom I with 108dB don't buzz even at 100% volume.
My ears only really enjoy the music from around 70% phantom volume.
Strange forum here when hundreds read my post but not a single Phantom II owner replies.
Not a Phantom II owner. Have you asked Devialet support?

P/s it is not compulsory to reply...
I will reply:

I have had nothing with issues with my stereo pair of Phantom II speakers .
One randomly drops offf constantly - support has tried to help, but they are silo'd from the rest of the company.

I can't believe more people aren't complaining.

In regards to your buzzing - I do not have the buzzing , I would get it RMA'd asap.
Thumbs Up 
(19-Jul-2023, 21:32)nautilus007 Wrote: I will reply:

I have had nothing with issues with my stereo pair of Phantom II speakers .
One randomly drops offf constantly - support has tried to help, but they are silo'd from the rest of the company.

I can't believe more people aren't complaining.

In regards to your buzzing - I do not have the buzzing , I would get it RMA'd asap.

Thank you very much for your answer,
that you don't have that buzz.
The seller doesn't want to find a fault, but sent the device to Devialet.

I still have 4 Phanton I 108db here, whose connection keeps breaking off again and again. It's definitely not my network.
When I listen to TV news, there are always basses that shouldn't be there, apparently depending on the recording conditions

Setting up the devices in the Devialet APP is an impertinence.
The APP has Bluetooth problems with naming the devices.
I don't understand the logic of why I should give each individual device a room name instead of a device name, like Front-Left, Front-Right... The room name would have to be specified elsewhere.
The master device disappears from my devices in the APP when I connect it to the TV via bluetooth, although that all worked before.
As a stereo pair, they no longer let the devices connect to the TV.
If I separate the stereo pair, the master disappears from the devices in the APP....

The support is the worst, my repair request for a fifth device was not even answered.

I could only puke over this flawed garbage.
Right now I'm so upset that I just want to get rid of the junk and try another manufacturer.
(16-Jul-2023, 07:10)Snoopy8 Wrote: Not a Phantom II owner.  Have you asked Devialet support?

P/s it is not compulsory to reply...

The support is the worst, my repair request was not even answered.
No, of course nobody is obliged to answer here, and it is best to avoid asking any questions that are not advertising for Devialet.;-)
Sorry for your troubles. A good way to avoid trouble is to use wired connections. Forget about BT and use the optical output on your TV instead. Use ethernet instead of WiFi, and if you can't, try connecting the paired speakers together with an ethernet cable. Spotify Connect and AirPlay is more stable than BT, and sounds better. In short; avoid bluetooth and wire whatever you can. The wireless nature of the Phantom could have been better. I've used Phantom I in several flavours since 2015, mostly wired, and the stability has been good for at least 5 years. I might have been lucky.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
There are two certainties in life: death and taxes. A close third is the illusion that wireless is the way to go. Hard wire whenever possible.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
Things to consider... Devialet makes fantastic hardware and horrendous software. I've gotten around the software issue by using other methods to deliver audio to the phantoms. In my setup, I've setup a full blown dante network and have a combination of JBL SDP-55s, Bluesound Node 2is, Sonos Connects/Ports, AppleTVs, and a Symetrix Radius to manage them. My setup is absolutely rock solid and people are stunned when they come over and i demo them.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante