Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a cheaper alternative to Devialet?
I'm a D200 owner, but I find this new offering from Nuprime intriguing in it's similar technologies.  If their class A/class D hybrid amp sounds good, then for $995 it might offer the budget shopper a taste of Devialet's sound.

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/pa...amps/ida-8
well the devialet adh technology is patented. so

1) if its a direct copy expect that company to get sued into oblivion.
2) if they do it a different way it quite simply might be a cheap easy method that doesnt work in the same way as devialet and therefore not as good and judging from the price it probably wouldnt be a good solution
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
It would be very interested to hear/read more about this new product to see how it can be compared with Devialet in term of technology and SQ.
Nuprime has released recently very affordable new audio products.
It is not because it is cheaper that it is not as good… (Devialet expert line is also “cheap” compared to many other products and it is supposed to be better !)
The only thing I can say as of now is that it does not look as nice as the Devialet line!
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
Their "hybrid class A/D" is only similar to Devialet's in written word. They've employed a class A based pre-amplifier into a class D power amplifier in a single box.

Inside a Devialet the DAC directly feeds a "real" class A/D hybrid power amplifier, this is not even close to that amplifier technology, it's just "another" class D amp in that sense.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
From Nuprime first diagram in the provided link, class A and class D amps are clearly in series (like in other hybrid amps): not in parallel as in Devialet's ADH.
If the THD of Nuprime's class A inside their hybrid features a good THD of 0.0015% (yet without specified conditions) and so is the noise (-130 dB), the THD of the overall system raises to 0.005% (5x worse than Devialet) as well as SNR severely drops to an average 95dB: class D obviously downgrades class A's performances in IDA-8, whereas in the white paper of ADH, I read the contrary.
So from a technical point of view, you may only have a very little taste of Devialet.
Not to mention, no phonostage!
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M
I have ordered one to play with , will compare it to my d premier..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(30-Jun-2015, 18:08)Rodney Gold Wrote: I have ordered one to play with , will compare it to my d premier..

That will be interesting. Even if it's not as good. For a grand it might be very good value for money. An alternative for Emotiva perhaps
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I do not see many similarities of the new Nuprime with Devialet. The Nuprime has an analog input stage like most class D amplifier. Input stages are commonly class A. So it should be compared with hypex, ice etc. derived amplifier.
Yeh, in fact our local dealer has indicated that it will be priced locally quite a bit far south of $1k ..Ie a lot less .. - a one box solution that will play just about anything. Already there are 5 local users wanting to try it based on specs on paper and price...
It beats my D premier in terms of usb input (I dont have one) and maybe offers wireless THAT WORKS!!!!
As to SQ.. well , time and listening will tell.
SAM and all the other stuff is actually not that relevant to me , my speakers need no extra bass extension and I run DIRAC or Acourate for full or partial RC.
Supposed to arrive here in South Africa in 2-3 weeks...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room