Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
manually manipulating dp_cfg.txt
(23-Dec-2023, 18:24)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(23-Dec-2023, 17:00)Waiski Wrote: This is interesting!
Could someone write a bit more how to use this? For the dummies version.
Thank you!

You have to follow the steps in @hamster28 post. But, before that, you have to do the most difficult part: modify the content of the file generated by the Devialet configurator with the settings you want.

Here are my notes from when I did this. I hope it helps you.
  1. Install "nodejs" (https://nodejs.org/en/download). The additional software proposed by the installer is not necessary.
  2. Download Hamster128/iTunesRemote repository from github https://github.com/Hamster128/iTunesRemote ---> Result: "iTunesRemote-master.zip" file (containing "iTunesRemote-master" folder).
  3. Extract content of "iTunesRemote-master.zip" file. --->  Result: "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  4. Open Windows "Terminal" in extracted "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  5. Run "npm i" command in "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  6. Copy your modified "dp_cfg.txt" file to the "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  7. Run "calc_crc.cmd". ---> Result: updated "dp_cfg.txt" file.
  8. Copy the updated "dp_cfg.txt" file to the Devialet SD card.

I didn't get past step 7 - after running 'calc_crc.cmd' I get the following error:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(24-Dec-2023, 11:09)spater Wrote: I didn't get past step 7 - after running 'calc_crc.cmd' I get the following error:

I think you missed the second part of step 4:

I'm not sure, but I think you opened Windows Terminal in the user folder, not in the "iTunesRemote-master" folder.

At the prompt you should see something like this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.2861]© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
G:\iTunesRemote-master>

and not something like this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.2861]
© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Daniel>
(24-Dec-2023, 13:45)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(24-Dec-2023, 11:09)spater Wrote: I didn't get past step 7 - after running 'calc_crc.cmd' I get the following error:

I think you missed the second part of step 4:

I'm not sure, but I think you opened Windows Terminal in the user folder, not in the "iTunesRemote-master" folder.

At the prompt you should see something like this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.2861]© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
G:\iTunesRemote-master>

and not something like this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.2861]
© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Daniel>

Yes, you are right, I didn't do step 4 correctly. Got it working now. Thanks

Took me a while to work out how to open a Windows Terminal in the 'iTunesRemote-master' folder so if it helps anyone else:

- Type cmd into the location bar near the top of the iTunesRemote-master window and hit enter
- The command prompt will now open in iTunesRemote-master location
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
(24-Dec-2023, 16:43)spater Wrote: Yes, you are right, I didn't do step 4 correctly. Got it working now. Thanks

Took me a while to work out how to open a Windows Terminal in the 'iTunesRemote-master' folder so if it helps anyone else:

- Type cmd into the location bar near the top of the iTunesRemote-master window and hit enter
- The command prompt will now open in iTunesRemote-master location

Or right click on folder in File Explorer, and then in the popup you have "Open in Terminal".
Got it working. Thank you!
Actually easiest way to run the 7th step is to doubleclick "calc_crc" file in the iTunesRemote-master folder.

Now, does anyone know how to create bandpass filter to speaker output with this configurator?