Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
Hello, have found on "HiFi-Pig" a detailed test!  Shy
Page: 128
http://hifipig.com/wp-content/uploads/20...AGFULL.pdf
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(10-Aug-2017, 19:31)K4680 Wrote: Hello, have found on "HiFi-Pig" a detailed test!  Shy

Thanks for posting that - good read. Shame they didn't do any measuring or anything, but seems like good feedback none the less.

I also saw a pair of speakers in there that I really liked the look of, the "Aequo Audio Ensis" (pg 78). Well, that is until I predictably came to the price tag..... €24,000. At which point they vanished from my mind.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Aug-2017, 20:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(10-Aug-2017, 19:31)K4680 Wrote: Hello, have found on "HiFi-Pig" a detailed test!  Shy

Thanks for posting that - good read.  Shame they didn't do any measuring or anything, but seems like good feedback none the less.

I also saw a pair of speakers in there that I really liked the look of, the "Aequo Audio Ensis" (pg 78).  Well, that is until I predictably came to the price tag..... €24,000.  At which point they vanished from my mind.

Hello, on youtube is a test with measurements. Rolleyes
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5cB_bqKBlc
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Best I can tell from the video resolution, the graphs are essentially the same, but their conclusion is there's a noticeable difference. I know frequency/amplitude plots don't tell the whole picture but....

One thing I would say is it seems the mic is very close to the speaker, so I'm not sure how much of the room effect would be captured there. Will try and do some of my own too next week.

Isoacoustics replied but completely ignored my request for data. I've re-asked just in case they missed the question (doubtful). But disappointing for pro audio - it would hardly give away any secrets but would hopefully show what they intend then to do. In light of their reply to Confused, they must have some otherwise they wouldn't know the weight-based curve.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(11-Aug-2017, 22:33)Hifi_swlon Wrote:  In light of their reply to Confused, they must have some otherwise they wouldn't know the weight-based curve.

Given that every speaker and floor is different I don't think any data they can give you will make much (practical) sense. So I wouldn't be surprised they just made that up. Better to sell the cheaper version than none at all.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Aug-2017, 23:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(11-Aug-2017, 22:33)Hifi_swlon Wrote:  In light of their reply to Confused, they must have some otherwise they wouldn't know the weight-based curve.

Given that every speaker and floor is different I don't think any data they can give you will make much (practical) sense. So I wouldn't be surprised they just made that up. Better to sell the cheaper version than none at all.

I would have just liked too see any data showing effectiveness, but I get that - assuming the things do what they say - how they work with the specific room/floor/speaker combo could be quite unpredictable.

My understanding from a follow-on conversation is that they'd like to do independent lab measurements to release publicly, but I didn't get the impression these were necessarily planned or forthcoming. Shame.

I know PMC are very pro-isolation and say in many instances it's better than solid coupling, but experimentation is needed as to what suits the situation best.

Here's a few pics meantime, thanks to Oxford Audio for the loaners (which I'll get in place as soon as I get a time window). They're quite small - smaller than I expected. But an even lower profile would have been great, but let's see what they look like on - I reckon about a 2cm lift.

(Not sure where the 'x time' ago />' come from?)

I was thinking I'd try and get these in in situ, but looking at the height difference I'll probably end up toppling a speaker so might be easier just to get the speakers out and do it upside down.

Need to re-mark their positions properly for when they revert to spikes so can try and get measurements from reasonably the same position. I think I'll just get them in first and listen so that if I don't end up having time to measure at least I'll be able to try them out. If I can measure I'll do it before removing them, and then re-do without. As a fallback I have previous ones but they are 'average moving mike' ones and from a slightly different position.

Anyway, doubt I'll get them in tonight. Levelling them on my uneven floor will be interesting too. If the logo has to be front or rear it means 180 degree turns but very f want all logos the same needs to be 360 degree turns. But I guess the stabilising mech will even some of it out. We'll see.

Ok, medium story very short as no time tonight.... but they're on. Was easier than anticipated (well one set anyway) and did it in situ with quite a lean over. Fairly uneventful bar a sliced finger - the threads on one were really sharp!! - and a few locking rings that refused to fit.

No time to listen or finish levelling / orienting logos but that's for another day. I can see orienting will be tricky as there's no detent, and the logo's quite long and minimalist so getting them all facing forwards/backwards may be the hardest part yet.

They're higher than I'd like but not as bad as I thought.

Also not quite sure how you level them as by their nature they are quite self-levelling. Does it matter if all loads aren't even? I guess they are all even, but maybe not under the same tension? Might be a question for using-acoustics.

I am using stillpoints ultras under my PMC 20.26 with positive results. But as I am thinking of buying another D200, I will need to think of a replacement footers for the speakers.

Thanks to you for the feedback. I am closely following it

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
So far I think these 'do what they say on the tin'.

Early days but I can hear texture in low bass, and more very low bass, and there's an ease to the sound.

They haven't added impact to the bass 'slam' as such - which is what I was kind of hoping they'd do - but let's see what happens when I setup new convolution to take into account the (perceived) bass change. Now I just need time to measure which is looking like the trickiest part to this trial.

Need some more listening anyway, and all this could be placebo obviously. But I don't think so as I picked up on low bass from the kitchen which I'd never heard before.

I took a photo but it's too big to upload. They look nice actually. But a bit out of place maybe on the bottom of the facts, which are sitting up too high (aesthetically) in my opinion. Four hundred quid aside, this will probably be the deciding factor at the end of the day, but the sound had to be right before we have that dilemma.

Finger healing nicely - 'only a scratch' as they'd probably say up north. But it was right on the gear change lever on my road bike which made Sunday morning cycle a bit sore....

A bit of light reading about coupling / de-coupling etc.

http://www.psaudio.com/article/spiking-y...the-point/
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.