Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isolation Transformer / Power Conditioner
Has anyone had any experience with Isolation Transformer / Power Conditioner powering devialet?  For isolation transformer, how many watts is required for D120 or D200?
I'm very pleased with Isotek. I started with a demo unit Isotek Solus then I placed an order for Isotek Sigmas and in the interim while waiting for my Sigmas I used Isotek Polaris.

Finally now I'm using the Isotek Evo3 Sigmas with Isotek Evo3 Elite cable to power my D400 and Martin Logan Montis and Isotek Evo3 Polaris with Isotek Evo3 sequel cable to power my sources.

Very happy with the performance.

The good thing that Devialet are not power hungry. So I managed during my temporary setup to drive my whole system with the Polaris which delivers a max current of 10A. And mind you the Montis are also powered, 200W amp for each bass module.

So it is safe to assume that anything with 10A and up will suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
ive recently been looking at some of the shunyata items as well.

make sure you dont use a traditional power conditioner ie furman etc.

it chokes up your system like you wouldnt believe!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Thanks. Almost got a furman :>
(13-May-2015, 17:23)warpeon Wrote: Thanks. Almost got a furman :>

no worries.

im a furman dealer and they had ridiculous pricing on at the time... i got it at something like 50% off rrp so i thought i was the smartest guy around!

whoops.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Torus Power is an offshoot of Plitron Transformers, one of the largest OEM transformer manufacturers in the world.  At one time they made the transformers for Equi=tech and they still do as far as I know.  They make them for Balanced Audio and too many others to mention.  They make several models rated from 5 to 100 amp, some of which they claim actually increases the maximum current available from the wall to 300-400 amps peak. 

Im saving up for the RM20 and intend to audition one in the next few weeks.... 

http://www.toruspower.com/

http://www.toruspower.com/wp-content/upl...curves.jpg

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
I'd give another thumbs up for Isotek. I recently tried a Titan on a home dem which has now gone back and I'm missing it.
Hey completeluxury - care to elaborata why Furman would choke the system? Amp outlets are non filtered. No reason for "choking". Unless you know something I don't. Please let me know.
As I mentioned before I like the effect of the latest PS Audio Powerplants very much. I have tried all three types ( P3, P5 and P10) and the positive effect is always the same. The sound is always more natural, it totally reduces the digital harshness. Moreover the PP's reduce the pollution of the mains from other digital devices in the same chain by seperating each outlet. i recommend a test with some good power cables. The effect in a well choosen chain is huge!
(17-May-2015, 20:08)osokolo Wrote: Hey completeluxury - care to elaborata why Furman would choke the system? Amp outlets are non filtered. No reason for "choking". Unless you know something I don't. Please let me know.

its designed to protect the devices from sudden high spikes in current.

So when your amp tries to draw a lot of power quickly for some big notes - it just cant. 

the "something that i know that you dont" part is that i have a furman as well and i regret ever having purchased it because i now need a second power isolator when i could have bought a different brand that actually works.

if you already have the furman plug your amp into the high current power outlet and listen for yourself.