Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with new firmware 1.5.0.1
Anybody  else having issues with the new firmware? 

The auto switch optical keeps requiring re- selection from time to time.

Also notice a speaker dropping out occasionally. I'm running two silver with dialog.

Have emailed support but no reply..

Any thought suggestions appreciated.
(11-Jan-2016, 09:16)Phantom kid Wrote: Anybody  else having issues with the new firmware? 

Also notice a speaker dropping out occasionally. I'm running two silver with dialog.

Yes, do a complete factory reset excactly as discribed on www.devialet.com/help
(11-Jan-2016, 09:23)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Jan-2016, 09:16)Phantom kid Wrote: Anybody  else having issues with the new firmware? 

Yes, do a complete factory reset excactly as discribed on www.devialet.com/help

Got another link, does t seem to open?
How to reset Phantom and Dialog?

Olivier 08/26/2015
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:

Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
Wait 30 secondes
Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
Wait 30 secondes
Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup
Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.
(11-Jan-2016, 16:18)Johnnydev Wrote: How to reset Phantom and Dialog?

Olivier 08/26/2015
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:

Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
Wait 30 secondes
Wait 30 secondes
Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but
Still not auto switching after reset. The wierd thing is when optical is selected already in spark, you must then tap it once more to get sound to play. 
Devialet support have been rubbish and haven't come back to me despite four requests and a support ticket. Be warned phantom prospective purchasers! These are great speakers but the software is being beta tested by the customers!

Anyone else have these issues?
(15-Jan-2016, 22:39)Phantom kid Wrote:
(11-Jan-2016, 16:18)Johnnydev Wrote: How to reset Phantom and Dialog?

Olivier 08/26/2015

Wait 30 secondes
Wait 30 secondes
Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)

Hey thanks for the suggestion but
Still not auto switching after reset. The wierd thing is when optical is selected already in spark, you must then tap it once more to get sound to play. 
Devialet support have been rubbish and haven't come back to me despite four requests and a support ticket. Be warned phantom prospective purchasers! These are great speakers but the software is being beta tested by the customers!

Anyone else have these issues?

No absolutly nothing
(15-Jan-2016, 23:48)Re: Anyone else have these issues? Wrote: YA - I find one of two speakers will drop out from time to time.  Its usually the right speaker when using optical input into the left speaker.
Reboot, as in a power cycle has helped me out here so far.   Not too bad but more frequent than I think it should be. (as in multiple times per day so far)

I am using Ethernet - I am suspicious of my wifi/Ethernet network bridge device at this point.  Its never been Steller but it has been used to stream before with much better results than I am seeing with the Devialet gear.  Really though - come on the phantoms and dialog have WIFI built in and are sitting 3 feel apart from each other.  I also see its hard to BE a networking issue. 

I am going to replace the consumer grade router / wifi AP with an Ethernet switch bridged to my network over PLC and see how that works out.

scott-
I did notice with two live feeds you would need to switch using Spark, i.e. if one is playing and you try starting something on the other input, I had to switch it using spark - which seems expected if you have two live feeds.  though did find at least once shutting down the first stream and then starting the 2nd stream again did kick in the autoswitching.   I have found more frequently needing to hit play in spark again but not sure why.  its not an autoswitching case in what I am describing but I do have to click play in spark at times when I don't think I should need to... not quite sure more time is needed to observe... and listen Smile.

scott-