Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's ALIVE!!
    And sounding incredible! Its been powered now for 56 minutes but I won't even look at the GUI or temp readings until 3 hours then I'll post pics regardless. For now I'm kinda busy listening and louder than ever before... the teens!

It started right up, nary a cough or hiccup and no errant smells (always a good sign!). Even the remote was paired! Jethro never sounded better! :-)

More in 2 hours for 1st temperature reading. It will remained powered & streaming continually 24/7 over the next week.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Working on the D200 apparently gives me amnesia! I remembered how to turn DPM off as soon as I powered on but for the life of me can't remember how to scroll thru the GUI to the A, D & Supply temp settings which I'll need to do in a couple hours for my baseline temps. Can someone refresh my memory? Also can anyone point or link me to the thread where many of us participated in D200 temperatures at various settings so I have that handy for comparison. Many thanks!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Hi Manoet,

I've read your threads, and amazed at your courage in disassembling such a piece of equipment. If you've got a solid 10 deg C drop in operating temperature and a clear increase in sound quality, that is a remarkable achievement.

If your remote is 'stock' I think you press and hold the #4 button (?). 4 o'clock position/ lower right. Then each subsequent push cycles to the next menu screen. Press and hold exits the info menus.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks Damon... been awhile since we talked. I ended up googling how to find temps via remote and it was the first post that came up on the page. And so far I'm getting well over a 10C drop in all categories. Only hope that holds thru-out the week. Yep, remote is stock and still has full factory warranty ;-)
(28-Sep-2015, 21:55)Manoet Wrote: And sounding incredible! Its been powered now for 56 minutes but I won't even look at the GUI or temp readings until 3 hours then I'll post pics regardless. For now I'm kinda busy listening and louder than ever before... the teens!

It started right up, nary a cough or hiccup and no errant smells (always a good sign!). Even the remote was paired! Jethro never sounded better! :-)

More in 2 hours for 1st temperature reading. It will remained powered & streaming continually 24/7 over the next week.

Glad to hear that all systems fired up with no immediate panics - as you say, the fact that there were no errant smells is always a plus Big Grin.

After all your sterling work you deserved a smooth ride Smile.

Await your further feedback.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(28-Sep-2015, 21:55)Manoet Wrote: And sounding incredible! Its been powered now for 56 minutes but I won't even look at the GUI or temp readings until 3 hours then I'll post pics regardless. For now I'm kinda busy listening and louder than ever before... the teens!

Hi Manoet,
this sounds fantastic, please keep us updated!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
Are you going to take it to RMAF?
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Totally in awe at your courage and technical knowledge in this endeavour. Very brave of you and hope Devialet take on board some of your improvements and acknowledge what you've done with some money.
May b each of us need to show this post to every devialet representative we see. Post it on their fb? Am pretty sure the effort will be ignored.
(30-Sep-2015, 00:14)rwjr44 Wrote: Are you going to take it to RMAF?

rwjr-

answered this yesterday in the temp test thread, post #27