Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBL M2 with 2*Expert 250 Pro
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience of using two Expert Pro amplifiers together with JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor?

Given they are without crossover and need a rather advanced DSP filter, I am wondering if the internal configuration of the amplifiers together with EQ is enough.

Here is an overview of the filter/DSP necessary:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bzJy...it?rm=demo

Thanks,
Johan
I think this should be possible. Two 250 amps would be quite something with a pair of M2s!
I would study Devialet's Configurator to see if the cross over and delay functions can be used. You should also approach Devialet support. The Devialet amps can do amplitude (parametric) EQ and Devialet has, in the past anyway, made digital cross overs for speakers. If the speakers require additional correction in the form of convolution (rePhase), that must be performed in the player as the Devialet amplifiers can not do convolution.
Another possible route is miniDSP. You may be lucky and find the M2 cross over modelled for one of their units (like the SHD Studio).
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB