Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff's System
(18-Feb-2017, 23:00)Dr Tone Wrote: Found this thread from ages ago, and I guess I should update it, since absolutely everything has changed:

Digital:
Roon Core on a Hyper-V Windows Server 2012R2 Server.  i7 2600k with 10GB Ram.  VHD is on a dedicated SSD.
RoonBridge running on dedicated Windows 10 box.  i7 3770S with 16GB Ram, couple SSDs and GTX1080 GPU.
Devialet AIR 3.02RC on the Roonbridge box.
Shunyata Denali 2000T with Venum HC to the wall and Venum 3 to the Devialet.
Devialet 220 Pro.
Transparent Super Speaker Cables.
Wilson Audio Sabrina Speakers.

Analog:
Rega RP8 w/ Apheta 2 Cartridge
Rega Aria Phono Preamp
Transparent Plus Phono Cables

[Image: 32822964842_6232c5d42b_k.jpg]Sound System by Jeff Flowerday, on Flickr

very nice system
(19-Feb-2017, 10:53)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Nice setup! Could you please give us a few more info regarding the vibration control? In particular below your D220 and your win machines? I am using Stillpoints ultra SS under mine and looking for ways to upgrade them, since I am planning on putting those under my power filter.

Thank you!!!

Not sure why I would need vibration control under my win 10 machine it's back away from stuff and on concrete with rubber feet.

6 dollar 1 inch furniture floor pucks under the Devialet.  Big Grin

Because of the concrete and the fact that I like my neighbors and ears the components don't really need isolation. The pucks under the Devialet were more for ventilation and make it a little easier to access.

Considering stillpoints on the Sabrinas because everyone raves about sound improvements and for the short time I've ran out of things to improve in my system without complicating the digital front end.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Perfect speakers but i Don,t understand Why the turntable is dovn almost on the floor ,is that a good idea?
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(19-Feb-2017, 16:31)Finn Wrote: Perfect speakers but i Don,t understand Why the turntable is dovn almost on the floor ,is that a good idea?

Because it's an afterthought that basically never gets used.  When I needle drop the volume is so low there is no vibration to worry about.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Oddly the room and having the speakers setup along the "long" wall works really well. As you can see the den area is on the left so really nothing behind that speaker. Open sliding door to the master bedroom on the right so nothing behind that speaker. No first reflection point on the right, the open kitchen is 30 ft away with many different surfaces. First reflection point on the left is 10 ft away and there are multi gradient blinds already there along with uneven walls and the fireplace etc.

Throw rug down on the hardwood over concrete. Nothing on the ceiling unfortunately. I have a custom home made quilt mounted behind me on the wall as it was the biggest issue in the room as I'm almost right back on it.

For a condo and no dedicated room I don't think I couldn't ask for more. And the building is well designed and very sound proof.

Most importantly my nice big Ekornes Stressless chair in the sweet spot and nothing else in the all important V.

I am using stillpoints ultra SS under my speakers. Have heard some improvement, but the cost for the stillpoints I do not believe corresponds to the sonic improvement.

The good thng us that they will remain when I upgrade them

Στάλθηκε από το X9007 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(20-Feb-2017, 13:01)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I am using stillpoints ultra SS under my speakers. Have heard some improvement, but the cost for the stillpoints I do not believe corresponds to the sonic improvement.

Thanks for the advice.  Good to hear a nice honest opinion.

One change this weekend. Replaced Roonbridge with HQPlayer on my intermediate Windows 10 Air box.

poly-sinc-ext (power of 2 upsampling)
NS9
-3db max & min volume
50msec buffer

HQplayer is also doing DSD->PCM for me now. Default HQPlayer settings with +6db on.