Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johans system
Finally got round to posting my system  Smile

Focal Diablo
Devialet 400
Squeezebox Touch (Bolder Cable Digital modd)
Booster linear power supply to Touch
AQ Volcano speaker cables
AQ Eagle eye Master slave link
Crystal Cable (companion link) From Touch to Devialet
Lessloss DFPC Reference power cables

Not so much room corrections, BAD-panels behind the speakers.

Very happy with current setup. Few thing I have left is:

- Test Audioprana Master Slave link (Using my ordinary Touch to Devialet AQ Eagle Eye right now since to my ears the Crystal cable does a better job between   
  the Deviate and Touch than between the Devialets.)

- Test different speaker cables. I´m happy with the Volcano but these have spade connections which make it a bit problematic with placement (especially if 
  wanting to stack the Devialets.)

- Test another streamer. I´m quite happy with my old Touch that still (to my surprise) compete with newer and more expensive streamers). Though I´ve only 
   tested it against Moon 180D (slight advantage Touch) and Air via Audirvana (slightly better detail with Air but Touch and Squeezecenter are IMO much more   
   convenient). I´m waiting to try out the Dialog before moving further here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very nice and tidy too. Those are monster-sized speaker cables!
(07-Feb-2015, 13:07)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Very nice and tidy too. Those are monster-sized speaker cables!

Thank you! 

Yes those AQ-cables are the size of garden hoses. To bad not as flexible Smile 
I think there's an unwritten rule in audio; If the cables pull your amp off the shelf they are too large Wink
What's the diameter of the conductors? You could run a complete house with airconditioners in every room over those cables by the looks of them.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-Feb-2015, 23:15)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I think there's an unwritten rule in audio; If the cables pull your amp off the shelf they are too large Wink
What's the diameter of the conductors? You could run a complete house with airconditioners in every room over those cables by the looks of them.

Haha yes that sounds like a good rule. Big Grin

Don´t know the size of the conductors, the cable is built in different layers:

http://www.audioquest.com/pdfs/earth_fea...olcano.pdf
Very stylish retro-modern and the artichoke!
Whats is this sideboard below the TV?
who made it?
(10-Feb-2015, 04:15)johnsap Wrote: Very stylish retro-modern and the artichoke!
Whats is this sideboard below the TV?
who made it?

Thank you!

Yes, trying to mix some from the 50/60 with modern style Smile

The sideboard is made by Tvilum-Scanbirk

http://www.tvilum.com

The modell is called:79714

I bought it 6 years ago at http://www.em.com/

//Johan
Could you say a few words about the bass traps? This is something I'm thinking about currently.
(10-Feb-2015, 22:54)Confused Wrote: Could you say a few words about the bass traps?  This is something I'm thinking about currently.

Count me in about these traps, very interested in how good the work, what they do and where to buy.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
What a gorgeous room!
I am not likely to post a picture of my whole system since I am not a very "visual" person and my listening room is a mess...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire