Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joining rooms
So I finally moved from spark to the new app and I have a question about how I can play the same music (via one phantom optical) to 4 of my phantoms split across two rooms.

Also is it possible to add more than 2 speakers per room?
For now you can only play the same music on a stereo pair. You wont be able to play the same music on more than 2 speakers set up in a stereo pair.
Sounds like that will be available in the future.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
(27-Dec-2019, 19:51)Jon Wrote: For now you can only play the same music on a stereo pair. You wont be able to play the same music on more than 2 speakers set up in a stereo pair.
Sounds like that will be available in the future. 

That's a bit disappointing but good to hear it will come in the future.  What's the benefit of the new app vs old one?  Seems like Spark was much more powerful
The SQ of the speakers is much better after the upgrade. I have classic white so for me it was a huge power upgrade along with better SQ but if you have silvers or gold's then no power increase.

As far as the app to me the only thing better so far is that it's quicker to respond when you open the app so volume changes without the remote are quicker. Setup is also quicker and maybe to some degree the system is more stable.

The new app is totally different from Spark in that the new app doesn't act as you're media player. In the new app you have to use Spotify connect or Tidal/Qubuz through upnp connection.

One thing I liked about Spark is creating a playlist that you could save or delete just in Spark so everytime you sat down to listen it felt more like a blank slate creative. You could create a playlist with friends if you wanted. The new app doesn't have any features like that.

Benefits to me outside of power increase and SQ (which to me was worth any trade offs) would be the speed of the set up and the system does seem somewhat more stable.