Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jplay Version 6
I revived this tonight in the mail (Have been running the trial version the last couple of weeks), it now includes a streamer function, hence no more Foobar or Jriver.

The control point can be either Linn Kazoo or Lightning DS, running on a iPad.

It works really well, but the best part is the sound, oh my... it is just much bigger and more well defined than before.

Give it a go if you are on a windows PC, I for sure like it!

Link: http://jplay.eu/

As a disclaimer I have no relations to Jplay!

Kind regards

Morten 
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Will check it out. Thanks.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(30-Mar-2015, 20:39)Morten Wrote: I revived this tonight in the mail (Have been running the trial version the last couple of weeks), it now includes a streamer function, hence no more Foobar or Jriver.

The control point can be either Linn Kazoo or Lightning DS, running on a iPad.

It works really well, but the best part is the sound, oh my... it is just much bigger and more well defined than before.

Give it a go if you are on a windows PC, I for sure like it!

Link: http://jplay.eu/

As a disclaimer I have no relations to Jplay!

Kind regards

Morten 

Hello Morten,
I totally agree! I do not use the new streaming functions, still using Jplaymini player (combined with Foobar to manage my huge Library Smile  )
The result is fantastic!
I recommend to use a dual PC system, with an ethernet cable connection between audio and control PC. 

Changing Devialet Driver settings (to have minimum latency) can be useful too. As Antoine previoulsy wrote (thanks Antoine! Smile  ) :

1. Download the Thesycon drivers of the same version as Devialet (1.67) from a different XMOS supplier. Here for example: http://www.luckit.biz/downloads/Luckit%2....67.0).rar

2. Copy the tusbaudiocpl.exe (Control Panel tool) and tusbaudiospy.exe (monitoring tool) in the archive to the installation directory of the Devialet USB driver. In my system that's: C:\Program Files\Devialet\USBDriver

I'm waiting for other Jplay 6 users reports.
  Best regards,
      Sylvain   
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Hi Sylvain

I have also done the Antoine tweake :-)

I only use a single PC, and no fancy stuff--but I am thinking on building one more PC with a Jplay USB card and power supply... But then again it is hard to imagine that it can be much better, the speakers completely disappear it just sounds like the band are in my living room, I run it in Hibernation mode--it gives a lot in my system...

You have never been tempted to try the streamer function?

I must admit I am surprised on how much better that is than foobar to Jplay--I know that you are running the ultimate setup but I could be interesting to know how far behind the streamer function is.

Easter starts today in my part of the world, I think I will soon open a bottle of wine and float away in the sweat music :-)

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(01-Apr-2015, 19:33)Morten Wrote: Hi Sylvain
Kind regards

Morten
All my music is stored on one computer (control PC) with 2 x 2To hard disks (all my CD's are ripped, + HD files) . With Foobar I can find tracks very quickly (for classical music, I spent some time to tag all tracks with "performer" and "composer"). I needed that because I have hundreds of CD's with a different composer and performer for each track (French magazines "Diapason" and "Classica" CD's). Foobar is really fantastic to select tracks if you know how to use its filter functions. I don't have any tablet, the keyboard is my favourite tool Smile , so I did not really see what the streamer function could bring to me.
  When I began to use Jplay, I did not understand how to use Jplaymini, because I closed Foobar too soon (before pasting the files, so it did not work... Blush  ).  
  Happy Easter,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(01-Apr-2015, 22:21)Sylvain27 Wrote:
Kind regards

Morten
All my music is stored on one computer (control PC) with 2 x 2To hard disks (all my CD's are ripped, + HD files) . With Foobar I can find tracks very quickly (for classical music, I spent some time to tag all tracks with "performer" and "composer"). I needed that because I have hundreds of CD's with a different composer and performer for each track (French magazines "Diapason" and "Classica" CD's). Foobar is really fantastic to select tracks if you know how to use its filter functions. I don't have any tablet, the keyboard is my favourite tool Smile , so I did not really see what the streamer function could bring to me.
  When I began to use Jplay, I did not understand how to use Jplaymini, because I closed Foobar too soon (before pasting the files, so it did not work... Blush  ).  
  Happy Easter,
Sylvain
It makes sense, I do not listen to clasis hence I do not have the problem.

Can I aske what setteings are you running with?

I use 5HZ and 0,5 sec

Happy Easter from Denmark Shy

Denmark
(02-Apr-2015, 08:38)Morten Wrote: It makes sense, I do not listen to clasis hence I do not have the problem.

Can I aske what setteings are you running with?

I use 5HZ and 0,5 sec

Happy Easter from Denmark Shy
I'm using ultrastream (wich did not work perfectly with Jplay 5.2.1 with small buffer values), hibernate on. DAC link = 1 Hz, buffer =  2 s but I may change these settings.
  With high values of DAC link (350 Hz, 700 Hz) it does not work with some files and Jplaymini (except if I change MiniMode = 0 instead of 1) but it works with Foobar Huh . Marcin & Josef know that, were surprised but did not give me an real explanation about that.
  Best regards,
Sylvain
France

I have also done the Antoine tweake :-)

I only use a single PC, and no fancy stuff--but I am thinking on building one more PC with a Jplay USB card and power supply... But then again it is hard to imagine that it can be much better, the speakers completely disappear it just sounds like the band are in my living room, I run it in Hibernation mode--it gives a lot in my system...

Morten
Finally, i tried it and after solving some difficulties, it's working well. I did not listen for a long time yet, difficult to say if it sounds dfferent from Jplaymini. I feared Kazoo or minimserver was too slow, but I did not complain about that at the moment. How many albums do you have in your library? Mine is about 4000.
  Best regards,
Sylvain
France
Hallo Sylvain

I have around 1800 albums.

Before version 6 I used foobar and MonkeyMote, I must admit that I prefer this from a operational point of view--but the sound when Jplay is running in steamer mode is better, and by a fair margin--hence I only use it with Kazoo and minimserver, for control point I also use LightingDS, but Kazoo is more stable.

I have ended at ultrastream, 1Hz and 10seconds PC buffer... It does sounds glories...

Enjoy the music and best regards from Denmark

Denmark
(13-Apr-2015, 20:08)Morten Wrote: Hallo Sylvain
I have ended at ultrastream, 1Hz and 10seconds PC buffer... It does sounds glories...

Enjoy the music and best regards from Denmark

With Jplaystreamer I use Classic, 5 Hz and 2 s. For obscure reasons, Ultrastream does not work at 170 Hz, 350 Hz and 700 Hz, Classic engine does. I cannot hear any difference between Classic and Ultrastream engine, and I have no error with Classic, some errors reported with Ultrastream. With 5 s and 10 s I hear clicks between tracks if samplerate changes. As I have 2 hard disks, I had to configure power settings so that hard disks never stop. If several tracks are played from one hard disk and the next one is on the other hard disk, streaming may stop if this hard disk is on standby.
  Best regards,
Sylvain 
France