Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jplay
(29-Jul-2014, 06:44)ogs Wrote:
(14-Jul-2014, 15:05)Kunter Wrote: Just make sure you specify higher buffer values on JPlay. Increases the latency a little bit but eliminates dropouts.

It works with both wired and wireless AIR.

Happy listening,

Kunter

Hi Kunter

could you please tell us which settings you use? Even if we use different HW it would be good to start with settings that is known to work. Asio buffer in MC, buffer and other settings in Jplay and the buffer setting in AIR. Wasapi? KS?
I use wired ethernet all the way. No wifi other than for remote control with iPods and Androids

Hi...
Vacation time sadly away from the system.

Will write exact specs next week when İ get back,

But simply

Standard jplay setup
More than 16 cycles buffer
1second devialet buffer
Throttle on
Output KS devialet...

If anything goes wrong, try increasing buffer.

I could not get the hyper duper mode to work so the screen is always on.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Well, the wife is at work, and I have time to play a little with the setup :-)

I think it is an improvement, the music seams more relaxed, and I also think the soundstage is both wider and deeper. The reason I haven’t procured it yet is that I after a couple of minutes get with noise, I have written an e-mail to J-paly to have it confirmed that the noise comes because it is a trial version, if the confirm it is I will buy the software.

After the posts in the thread I didn’t think it will work, and was skeptical, hence it was a big surprise, it is also easier to hear on some music than other, the newest with Clapton from HD tracks it is very easy to hear. Another good example is James Blunt Moon Landing, also from HD tracks, the last track on the album is an acoustic version of Ms. America, the piano on the track just sound so much bigger with J-play than without...

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Well, there seems to be some issues with Jplay and Air in my system—but I have found an old printer USB cable—this also give the benefit that I can tweak Jplay to the highest setting, eg. no buffer, and chose freely in all streaming options.

So I did a trial.

Air, VS Jplay with Kernel Streaming—ULTRAStream and no Buffer connected to the Devialet via an old printer cable.

I still think the Jplay option is superior, all my earlier comments are still true.

To have a second opinion I have asked the assistance by my wife, she likes music but have no interest in the equipment, she does however have good ears.

She could also immediately hear the difference, she describes it like this:

Air—really good stereo equipment,
Jplay—a live perforce, the speakers seems to disappear and the music is just “there”

It reminds me a little of the old days where I had a Plinius SA-103, it had a switch between class A and AB, where A is Jplay and AB is Air.

Now the quest for a better USB cable begins...

Just to set the record straight, I have no interest in the company and like I have stated before was really skeptical before i tried to SW—but seen in the light of the changes it dose on my system it is a bargain at 100€

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(08-Oct-2014, 14:30)Morten Wrote: Well, there seems to be some issues with Jplay and Air in my system—but I have found an old printer USB cable—this also give the benefit that I can tweak Jplay to the highest setting, eg. no buffer, and chose freely in all streaming options.

So I did a trial.

Air, VS Jplay with Kernel Streaming—ULTRAStream and no Buffer connected to the Devialet via an old printer cable.

I still think the Jplay option is superior, all my earlier comments are still true.

To have a second opinion I have asked the assistance by my wife, she likes music but have no interest in the equipment, she does however have good ears.

She could also immediately hear the difference, she describes it like this:

Air—really good stereo equipment,
Jplay—a live perforce, the speakers seems to disappear and the music is just “there”

It reminds me a little of the old days where I had a Plinius SA-103, it had a switch between class A and AB, where A is Jplay and AB is Air.

Now the quest for a better USB cable begins...

Just to set the record straight, I have no interest in the company and like I have stated before was really skeptical before i tried to SW—but seen in the light of the changes it dose on my system it is a bargain at 100€

Kind regards Morten

Hi Morten,

Have you tried connecting via USB using the Xtream engine with increased buffer values? Say 4000? (you have to regedit for this)
If not, you may be surprised at the results. The system becomes less responsive to album changes, but SQwise...

As for the USB cable I'm very happy with the SilverPlus. I think it's still also the favourite for the guys at HiFi News, and it costs less than a decent dinner for two Smile

Cheers,

ML
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
Thanks MusicLover..

Over the last couple of days I have been trying back and forth with and without the longer buffer--and I agree that it is extraordinary, I ended at a setting on 4000, the only issue is with 24bit/96 music, there are on two seconds delays between tracks (not on live albums, they are still gapless)

To be honest, I have never before heard my system this way, all is just so right, I think one of the reasons is that the instruments are allowed to ring out—without Jplay it seems that the instruments are in a hurry to be finished, with Jplay they just keep on “sing/making sound”

Regarding USB cable, I found a secondhand Transparent Premium USB Cable, I will give it a go, if I can’t hear any difference between this and the one I am using now I will sell it again.

I have with interest been following the thread with the “Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server” I wish that Guillaume and Rufus had to opportunity to try a Windows PC with Jplay, I should be interesting to have it go head to head with the other options.

Kind regards Morten

Denmark
Hello, just a feedback

The cable arrived yesterday. I am happy with my purchase and will keep it the benefits are, the midrange has improved, the vocals are bigger now, it have also give a “nicer” upper range, even when I push the system with music that is prone to have a lot of sibilance, it doesn’t appear fatiguing at all.

I must however admit, the upgrade to Jplay was a bigger improvement, the only downside is that it steals my sleep—I can’t seem to go to bed at night, the music just sounds so sweet...

Kind regards

Morten

Denmark
Nice Morten!

As I wrote somewhere else as well, I've also jumped on the JPlay train! Waiting for a non-trial version now. Too bad this can take up to 24 hours after payment, I'm not used to that anymore in this day and age! Wink (edit 15:48: the email with the download link has just arrived! Smile)

For now (in the trial) I've settled on the Ultrastream engine, direct link for all sample rates and an Ultrasize buffer of 25. Ultrastream seems to be the most popular engine today but I might tweak these settings later and also try the Xstream engine with the high buffer setting up to 4000.

You could also check out the Devialet/Thesycon USB driver optimization I wrote about in my 'my system' topic. Even though JPlay says there's no need to tweak it I've read a lot of people do it anyway.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks Antoine

I have tried, but could not get it to work, will give another go when I have more time.

Now, on to listen to music, good thing winter is approaching so one can sit inside enjoying some tunes :-)

Regards Morten

Denmark
It should work but don't expect miracles out of it of course. It's just another optimization out of the many, many, MANY! optimizations that can be done. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(17-Oct-2014, 15:25)Antoine Wrote: It should work but don't expect miracles out of it of course. It's just another optimization out of the many, many, MANY! optimizations that can be done. Smile

Friday night, and a little time.

I got it to work, thanks.

What engine do you use, I have switched back to UltraStream —when i went from Safe to Lowest latency on the USB driver I had to increase the UltraSize in regedit.

Kind regards Morten

Denmark