Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jriver and Devialet
(25-Aug-2014, 19:26)Antoine Wrote: If possible always disable volume control in the digital domain.

I have chosen 'disable volume control', 'volume protection' disabled and 'maximum volume' set to 100. Configured like this you can only change the volume using the physical remote or remote app.

If Devialet AIR is your default output device I don't think 'system volume' is a bad setting as well, as the volume control of Devialet AIR corresponds directly to the Devialet volume control. If however another sound card/device is default you'll lose bit perfect plackback since you'll then attenuate the volume in the digital domain.

Thanks Antoine! This works perfectly for me and it's nice that apps other than jRiver on the PC behave as normal and output through the regular onboard soundcard. It's also good to know there's no attenuation in the digital domain on music going to AIR. I can't tell a difference yet but I feel better!
JRiver has released it's WDM driver in JRMC 20.0.25 for Windows yesterday. Now everyone can enjoy the benefits of a virtual soundcard that we Devialet owners already could. (the sound of each and any program can be routed though this virtual soundcard). But even for us this could be nice since it applies it's internal DSP, convolver etc. processes to it's input as well. I personally don't use it but wanted to share anyway.

More info: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.0
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Has anyone tried JRiver MC 20 yet? I'm still running MC 19.
Yes, I'm running MC20 since JRiver made it the recommended version. Not much change for 'us audiophiles' but I always like to keep up-to-date. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I just installed JRMC 20 and 16b-44.1k files play well, but 24b-48k and 24b-88k do not. Down sampling 48k to 44k seems to work but the music is played too slowly.

Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
(31-Oct-2014, 16:47)PeterS Wrote: I just installed JRMC 20 and 16b-44.1k files play well, but 24b-48k and 24b-88k do not. Down sampling 48k to 44k seems to work but the music is played too slowly.

Thanks

I see the MacMini in your system. Are you using the Mac version of JRMC? Or, bootcamp with Windows version?

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(31-Oct-2014, 23:23)kenreau Wrote:
(31-Oct-2014, 16:47)PeterS Wrote: I just installed JRMC 20 and 16b-44.1k files play well, but 24b-48k and 24b-88k do not. Down sampling 48k to 44k seems to work but the music is played too slowly.

Thanks

I see the MacMini in your system. Are you using the Mac version of JRMC? Or, bootcamp with Windows version?

Kenreau

I'm using the Mac version.
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
Hello!
I have JRiver 20 together with Mac Mini and the Dev 400 using USB cable. How is you connection between Mac and Dev?
Bernts
Has anyone experienced occasional brief stutters with JRiver (about half a second to a second duration)? If so, how did they fix them? Longer buffer? Memory playback?
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
I am using mc19 for window 7 USB to devialet. But recently I found that foobar2000 just sound better. I do not know the reason and Huh