Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jriver setup help
Hi there,

I am trying to set up JRiver with a D200. I have downloaded the new beta version of Dev Air and I am connected via Ethernet to the network. The D200 input is set to Ethernet but when I try to configure the Air app on the PC it just disappears when I click on it, so I can't alter settings.
When I go to audio output in Jriver, I only have one option, "Dev Air wave Kernel streaming" If I right click the Dev Air app on the taskbar it says streaming is enabled but as I say, a left click makes it disappear!
Needless to say I am not getting any sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Fixed thanks.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(25-Oct-2015, 12:32)misterpete Wrote: Hi there,

I am trying to set up JRiver with a D200. I have downloaded the new beta version of Dev Air and I am connected via Ethernet to the network. The D200 input is set to Ethernet but when I try to configure the Air app on the PC it just disappears when I click on it, so I can't alter settings.
When I go to audio output in Jriver, I only have one option, "Dev Air wave Kernel streaming" If I right click the Dev Air app on the taskbar it says streaming is enabled but as I say, a left click makes it disappear!
Needless to say I am not getting any sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@misterpete  I like to ask you the reason (solution) for the experienced problem with JRiver - Air because obviously I am in the same situation now.
Air software is installed on my windows 8 laptop, and in the JRiver audio settings I can find and select ''Loudspeakers (Devialet Air) Wasapi so I suggest that the Air software on my laptop is working correctly ?
Unfortunately I am not getting any sound out of my D200, even when I am not using the wifi option but the wired option Angry
I also have installed Roon, but also with that software I have still the problem of no sound.

Is it possible to change some settings in the Air software on my laptop ??

Anyone ?

Thanks in advance !
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Hi

There is a setting in air about when to stream to the devialet, may be worth checking the options.

Also, you do have air Ethernet enabled as an input on the Devialet, it is a separate input to wifi.

Cheers

Chris
(07-Nov-2015, 14:46)Chris Marshall Wrote: Hi

There is a setting in air about when to stream to the devialet, may be worth checking the options.

Also, you do have air Ethernet enabled as an input on the Devialet, it is a separate input to wifi.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, thanks for your reply. 

In the meanwhile I have found the small Air icon with settings on my Asus windows 8 laptop and it works just perfect now !
Did some comparisons between JRiver mc and Roon by using Devialet Air (both wifi and ethernet) but Roon is by far the best sounding.
It plays flawless without any hick ups or other problems and I can say now that it even surpasses the SQ of the Moon 180 MiND which is linked to the internal dac of the D200 bij AES/EBU, and that is something I wasn't expecting before....
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Has anyone tried Jriver 21 on Win 10? Any recommended on Jriver's settings? For example, under "volume setting", what's the difference between application volume, internal volume, system volume, and disable volume? What about "audio device", should this be Devialet AIR [WASAPI], Devialet AIR Wave [Kernel Streaming] or Devialet AIR [Direct Sound]? etc.
I m in same situation, can t hear anything with air enabled on macbook pro, jriver settings to air nothingany help pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk