Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KEF vs Phantom
Hi Guys,

I’m thinking about going back to a pair of Phantom 108 dB. I had Golds before and loved the sound, but struggled with 1) the software and 2) getting my turntable to play nice. That seems to have been adressed in the new 108 dB with Roon and Arch. 

But for less money I can get a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless with stands and a pair of KEF KC62 subwoofers (I can get a 15% discount on the KEF stuff🙂)

Anyone heard the Phantoms next to the new KC62 sub? 

Any impressions are very welcome  

Mads
(10-May-2021, 14:41)Malmbak Wrote: Hi Guys,

I’m thinking about going back to a pair of Phantom 108 dB. I had Golds before and loved the sound, but struggled with 1) the software and 2) getting my turntable to play nice. That seems to have been adressed in the new 108 dB with Roon and Arch. 

But for less money I can get a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless with stands and a pair of KEF KC62 subwoofers (I can get a 15% discount on the KEF stuff🙂)

Anyone heard the Phantoms next to the new KC62 sub? 

Any impressions are very welcome  

Mads
It depends strong on what u like. for me the stereo phantom 1's are the best. they have such an unique bass, that i can't go to other systems anymore. some people say that the kef's have a more clear and balanced sound. i understand why they say that, but for me the phantoms are a lot better. so its up to you. If you liked the sound you had on your phantoms you will like it again. the kef's are realy good but just not for me. and the phantoms looks are so much better that you can't even compare that to the kef's