Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kef LS50 vs Atohm GT1 SE
(18-May-2018, 05:14)K4680 Wrote: Hello, Atohm speaker GT 1 Special Edition this one was developed together with Devialet, for the Le 120. Was also offered as a set!
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/article...6290/20460

Thanks. I know the SE was developed with Devialet, and offered as part of the Ensemble package, but I wanted to know about the differences between the SE and the HD versions of that speaker. I haven't been able to find any info on the difference, at least not yet.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(04-May-2017, 07:40)Emerald Wrote: Which one is better in a small room ?

GT1 Easily better than LS50
(18-May-2018, 21:54)Damon Wrote:
(18-May-2018, 05:14)K4680 Wrote: Hello, Atohm speaker GT 1 Special Edition this one was developed together with Devialet, for the Le 120. Was also offered as a set!
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/article...6290/20460

Thanks. I know the SE was developed with Devialet, and offered as part of the Ensemble package, but I wanted to know about the differences between the SE and the HD versions of that speaker. I haven't been able to find any info on the difference, at least not yet.

Hello Damon, the only difference could be the tuning of the crossover. The chassis, housing, etc. are the same.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
@Damon The Devialet SE model has a rear mounted reflex port. The HD reflex port is in the bottom of the cabinet, hence the base plate for air-flow. I also believe the HD has a different internal damping arrangement. Drive units should be the same, but there may be differences in the crossover as K4680 mentions.
I think you'll find some images if you look in the DIY section of Atohm's web site.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks All,

Just back from a week away on northern Vancouver Island; a work trip with some extra recreation time added on, so I couldn't respond right away.

I have a chance to get some SE1's at a good price and then I'll look for a D120 on the used market.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
i selle my gold and ui hope by KEF ls50