Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LS50 Wireless
Looks like the Phantom's (at least one of them) got company 

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/1...udspeaker/
I hope that devialet would implementate the same EQ options

Devialet promesses EQ options from the beginning, when can we expect them?
I am pretty sure I prefer the sound of a pair of phantoms (which is also much more expensive), but I really wish devialet would adopt this type of interface, UI and connectivity and just make it rock solid instead of flaky and mediocre software they tries to be all things to all people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, might have to replace my phantoms ... Love KEF sound.
Nice! A little competition will hopefully make Devialet up their game software wise.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Never mind the software, the Kef has proper inputs, USB, and RCAs for a TT. Why on Earth didn't Devialet do that with the Phantom?
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Very nice and much cheaper than the phantoms. Also much better looking in my opinion. The biggest disadvantage will be in the bass. Even adding a subwoofer o two will likely be no match to the phantom's bass.
It's not just the bass. I owned the LS50 and ran some of the best amps in their respective categories that supposedly synergized very well with the LS50. Phantom Silvers, in my opinion, are still a fair bit better.
(18-Oct-2016, 22:32)MountainGuy Wrote: It's not just the bass.  I owned the LS50 and ran some of the best amps in their respective categories that supposedly synergized very well with the LS50.  Phantom Silvers, in my opinion, are still a fair bit better.

Thanks for the comment MountainGuy. Can you please elaborate in what areas, other than bass and dynamics, the phantoms outperformed the LS50s? It will be interesting to hear the impact customized, built-in amplification will have in the LS50s. Cheers!
Dynamics is better. That matters. Also transients just seem a bit better. Bass matters too - it is just a more complete sound.

To be fair, the new active LS50 has much deeper bass rating, down to about 45hz which is truly excellent for something so small. BUT that is only at 85db so it may be at the max and taper of significantly. THe drivers are after all, quite small and does not have the same travel range as the Phantom. If I recall, the LS50 woofer's max travel is about 6mm?

Where the LS50 is better is the dispersion - it is wider dispersion.