Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(23-Jun-2018, 17:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote: If anyone goes and can be bothered, I have a few questions:

-Has the non-pro been abandoned in terms of firmware development/updates? What happened to the twice yearly firmware updates that were meant to make the EVO platform unique in its ability to constantly evolve and remove obsolescence? If not been abandoned, when’s the next firmware due?

-What’s replacing the current Expert iOS volume control, and when’s it out? Also, please consider keeping and updating the current one, the design is great and just needs updating for current iOS, iPads, and add a few extra controls (like tone, SAM).

-What are the plans for the web based configurator onboard the CI? Will it evolve to replace the current internet configurator, and ultimately remove the need for SD card config? Please share as much detail as you can.

-Any plans to include Phantoms in the RoonReady program after the Experts are certified?

All good questions, but I can't believe you didn't ask when we'll see Roon RAAT ;-)

I am also extremely interested in where they're taking the onboard Devialet Configurator.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Alasdair, I hope to come along. To echo Zappydev's question: is there yet a schedule or program for the day?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(23-Jun-2018, 19:00)mdconnelly Wrote:
(23-Jun-2018, 17:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote: If anyone goes and can be bothered, I have a few questions:

-Has the non-pro been abandoned in terms of firmware development/updates? What happened to the twice yearly firmware updates that were meant to make the EVO platform unique in its ability to constantly evolve and remove obsolescence? If not been abandoned, when’s the next firmware due?

-What’s replacing the current Expert iOS volume control, and when’s it out? Also, please consider keeping and updating the current one, the design is great and just needs updating for current iOS, iPads, and add a few extra controls (like tone, SAM).

-What are the plans for the web based configurator onboard the CI? Will it evolve to replace the current internet configurator, and ultimately remove the need for SD card config? Please share as much detail as you can.

-Any plans to include Phantoms in the RoonReady program after the Experts are certified?

All good questions, but I can't believe you didn't ask when we'll see Roon RAAT ;-)

I am also extremely interested in where they're taking the onboard Devialet Configurator.

Well, they’ve announced they’re doing it and that’s really all I care about (and I wouldn’t trust any date they give anyway). But if they wanted to tell us how it’s going that would be nice!  What’s so reassuring is Roon take care of the QA so we know it will work when it’s released but will no doubt take some time - they simply won’t certify it if it’s flaky.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Maybe also:
what IS the input impedance of the MM phono input? Has this been changed since Stereophile measured 14K on the D-Premier?
the signal path for AIR on the CI, compared to AES/EBU and USB
a switch in Spark that selects "normal", "zero latency" or "time-coincident" for Phantom. Is this possible?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
This question cropped up on another thread, so compiled here for good order......

Are there any technical reasons why the beta and latest versions of the firmware can influence sound quality? Have any changes to the beta and latest versions of the firmware been specifically intended to improve sound quality performance?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Can someone ask a question about Master/Companion link options in foreseeable future? Are there any plans to implement Dante or Ravenna protocol? or any other options like ethernet being considered?
I'm ran into an issue last week with RCA->XLR cable which was 15' long and have ordered 75->110 ohm transformer adapter. But, a cleaner solution than this would be welcomed.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(23-Jun-2018, 19:00)mdconnelly Wrote: All good questions, but I can't believe you didn't ask when we'll see Roon RAAT ;-)

This may (or may not be) something that Mathieu can answer for you...

Will you be popping along?
(23-Jun-2018, 19:37)thumb5 Wrote: Alasdair, I hope to come along.  To echo Zappydev's question: is there yet a schedule or program for the day?

Good afternoon Ian, it'd be good to see you. It's certainly been a while!

The plan is to have a couple of timed sessions with Mathieu with a standard OAC informal event feel before and after. Full details on Thursday.

Alasdair
Could someone please ask Mathieu if there's any plans (or is the Pro-CI physically capable) to increase the resolution playback limits:
  • Present - PCM to 24-bit/192 kHz and DoP to DSD64
  • Future - PCM to 32bit/768kHz and DoP to DSD512, Native DSD to DSD512
Thanks
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(26-Jun-2018, 16:46)Celts88 Wrote: Could someone please ask Mathieu if there's any plans (or is the Pro-CI physically capable) to increase the resolution playback limits:
  • Present - PCM to 24-bit/192 kHz and DoP to DSD64
  • Future - PCM to 32bit/768kHz and DoP to DSD512, Native DSD to DSD512
Thanks

^ What he said + Phantoms Big Grin 

It could be overkill in some cases, but if you own at least a stereo Phantom setup, there's no such thing as overkill. Big Grin
More is welcome.